Anime Remake/Sequel

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anime Remake/Sequel

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:25 pm

Things have been pretty quiet around here lately so I'm starting some conversation. Let's say a major anime studio is remaking or creating a sequel for a mecha show/OAV series. To make sure they don't screw things up, you got them to choose you as the producer/director.

Which anime would you want to remake or create a sequel for and why? Why should mecha fans put down their cash to watch your result?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:39 am

I'd re-make Go-Lion aka Voltron.

Character Design: Michitaka Kikuchi
Mecha Designs: Masami Oobari, Atsushi Takeuchi, Kunio Okawara, Koichi Ohata.
Music Director: Michiaki Watanabe
Director: Toshihiro Hirano
Shinei!

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:07 pm

I would probably want to do a sequel to "Genesis Climber Mospeada"-

The original left so much story potential untapped- what if the inbit came back?- would Stig and Aisha ever hook up?

I would like to see something that extends the role reversal of protagonist to antagonist seen in the last episode- now that the inbit are gone- Man himself is once again the Earth's greatest enemy-

The few soldiers and survivor's on earth must unite with the remnants of the inbit who were left behind to prevent the ravaging of the ecology that will undoubtedly ensue when the martian masses migrate back to Earth.

The character struggles as the heroes from the old show and possibly their descendants have their beliefs and loyalties tested could be a solid dramatic force and act as a draw for the old fan base.

Of course, new spiffy Mecha designs and new younger characters to lure in new fans couldn't hurt either.

The ride armours are an awsome design- but they have a critical flaw- without the CVR armour, your just another dupe on a bike- I'd like to see an updated design that can transform around an un-armored rider-and have a hover mode as well-

The Legios is one of my favorite mecha of all time- but it really looks kind of stupid with a Tread booster growing out of it's butt- the updated Tread- would form into power increasing framework that would wrap arround the Legios and act like a gigantic power armor for the base mecha-

The Inbit mech being more bio-mechanical with chitanous exo-skeletons would be interesting to play with also-

a lot of potential- but I don't know if I'd trust myself to produce it- I wouldn't want to screw it up.

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:32 am

A long term FSS OAV series! Since the movie is... nearing 20 years, there should be more animated stuff. Even Terra E has an anime after XX number of years, FSS definitely deserves something.

Designs: Nagano himself...
Animation Director: Norio Matsumoto
Director: Tomino (who else?)
OP: Yours truly 2095 by ELO; it fits really well;
music director can go to Uematsu for that matter, he's independent now...

That's my dream team.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:45 pm

A remake or sequel of DOUGRAM.

Why in the world hasn't this happened already??