FSS Updates

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

FSS Updates

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm

I hope everyone is happy with the latest FSS updates. I'm going to add Nu Soard's diver article soon. It's hard to find time these days but I'll do it.

Thanks to everyone who keeps FSS fandom going.

P.S. If you know where to pre-order a legit Japanese copy of FSS Designs 2 don't keep it to yourself! Share the love! I'd like to order my copy.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:11 pm

No love as yet. I wrote HLJ, and their response was "watch this space." Typical. Besides, I'm now one of the growing legion of otaku who are rather brassed off at HLJ's order policies.

I had pre-ordered a Fand-2 (Yukikaze) toy from them when they first announced it. They canceled the order - no harm, no foul, right? Since then, they re-did their order with Yellow Submarine (the builders), re-announced the toy, then put it on immediate order-stop.

On writing them, I found that they already had pre-orders for the renegotiated release. I have written them to find out if mine is one of those pre-orders, but have received no reply as yet. Thus, I have officially become a skeptic of HLJ. I am keeping my eyes and ears open regarding FSS Designs II, and will pass on any information I find the moment it becomes available.

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:13 pm

PS:

You are doing a FANTASTIC job with the FSS updates. Thank you for your hard work!

parasyte

Post by parasyte » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:13 am

curious on why is there a need to pre-order when it would be available at kinokuniya when its out?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:20 am

my local kino charges like more than twice the retail price sold in japan.

Sorry Tachyon, the online book shop (bk1.co.jp) no longer have pre-order at the moment (i should've ordered last week >_<" ).

cant find any other online shop which carrys D2 and is willing to ship overseas... if any has one, plz let us know thanks.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

parasyte

Post by parasyte » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:54 pm

hmm...but how much can you save from ordering online and shipping it back?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:23 pm

I live in Middle-of-Nowhere, Idaho so ordering online is my only option. At this point I'm not thinking of saving money. I just want to get my copy (and one for the Web site).

Someone asked me the other day how I could even think of tearing up a Nagano artbook for scanning. Why, I would never... I mean, I wouldn't just... Can I avoid answering that question?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:37 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Speaking of books, I must run away for a few hours - gotta pick up the paternal unit from the hospital - but please email me regarding a discovery I've made.

Thanks,

Newt

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:38 am

parasyte wrote:hmm...but how much can you save from ordering online and shipping it back?
well, consider that:

1 - prices are more than double (they are a japanese bookstore yet they charge so ridiculously high for japanese books?)

2 - u get to buy them much more later

so they're more like a backup for me.

BTW, bk1 has designs 2 up for pre-order again, i juz ordered it.

@Falk u can get both designs1 and designs2 there.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)