News Feeds

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

News Feeds

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:23 am

Do any of you subscribe to any news feeds online? If so, I'd be curious to know which ones.

Before this week I didn't worry about them but now I'm beginning to see their potential.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:29 pm

Mmh, yup', but mostly French newspapers to keep in touch with all the horror and wrongdoinds in the world :roll: oh and the BBC website too. News on TV are soooo bad and biased in comparision...

News about the internet too, or how (in France) we get to pay more taxes on "memory products" (hard drives, blank CDs/DVDs, and even USB keys and mp3 players) supposedly to compensate for the "safeguard copy right", a right that has strongly diminished with the recent laws, and a taxe that we don't know how it's then distributed to those who are supposed to get it (the artists).

And one about manga, anime, video games... in French too.

Except that I browse several messageboard to see if there's some news.

But there are softwares made on purpose to gather the news you want, well I guess you register to some sites and feeds, but can also add some filters and keywords to get only what you want (so if you want only FSS news and no gundam news, you won't be spammed with gundam and your feed will always be pretty much empty, tee-hee :P ), as well as rating the articles and more...
Maybe I should look deeper into this kind of software.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:21 pm

I'm using the SimplePie aggregator and it's working well. I just wanted to know if there were any feeds I should add to the 4 I'm testing with now.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:37 pm

I actually don't know a damn thing about RSS newsfeeds. I guess I should look into them, huh...

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:40 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/feedtest.php

The page linked above is only a test. However, if you see a headline that looks interesting, click away!