kog ver.3 with buster launcher

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:27 am

happy hopping wrote:Does Silicon Tribe design that pose or did this guy mod. it? As the pose looks good. Very dynamic
Although Silicon Tribe kits are free pose, the joints are too small to get any kind of a dynamic pose out of them. So in short, yes, this guy modded the kit into the firing pose.

Xenoex

Post by Xenoex » Sun May 27, 2007 1:17 am

The details he added into the joints are amazing!! :shock: Although I dont like this particular MH, I must say I am in awe, he really went all out and modded the absolute crap out of this kit.

Xenoex

Post by Xenoex » Sun May 27, 2007 11:17 am

* Sorry for the double posting, I forgot I could edit the previous one.
Sheizzel wrote:
happy hopping wrote:Since when is there a clear ver. of KOG 2002?
The Semi-Translucent version of SSS2002 KOG w/Buster was sold at WF.
Do you have any links/pics to this? This would by far be the KOG I most want. I've been wondering why nobody bothered making clear armor for the buster pose, good to hear somebody has.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sun May 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Xenoex wrote:
Do you have any links/pics to this? This would by far be the KOG I most want. I've been wondering why nobody bothered making clear armor for the buster pose, good to hear somebody has.
You may have gotten the wrong idea about the semi-transparent ver. of the SSS2002 KOG w/Buster. The whole kit was cast in semi-transparent resin with gold powder, so you're not getting the fully transparent armors like you would with the Mighty Series and V3s.

Also, the way SSS2002 KOG w/Buster was sculpted does not allow you to fully utilize the clear armors, if it were to come with them. While the KOG V3 has separate sets of frame and armor, the SSS2002 does not. Here are some examples of what I'm talking about.

Head-
Upper body-
Arm-
Leg-
Foot-

Xenoex

Post by Xenoex » Sun May 27, 2007 11:08 pm

Ah I see......so for a full clear armor effect similar to KOG V3 with bow , would require pretty much significant rescuplt for the KOG buster...since the legs and arms have armor and frame casted together.

Oh well....here's hoping maybe some day someone will rescuplt it :P

The gold powder version is not a bad choice, have to see if it pops up on YJ every now and then. I'm guessing it'd probably be over 70,000 yen.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon May 28, 2007 12:38 am

Xenoex wrote:
Oh well....here's hoping maybe some day someone will rescuplt it :P

The gold powder version is not a bad choice, have to see if it pops up on YJ every now and then. I'm guessing it'd probably be over 70,000 yen.
To be honest, I don't see the need for SSS2002 KOG to have clear armors. If I'm not mistaken, Volks simply used the V3 as a base to convert the KOG into firing pose seen in the beginning of the manga series. At that time, clear armor was not in use.

The semi-translucent ver. is good only if you're into collecting. If for building, then you're better off saving yourself a lot of money by getting the standard release.