Gears Update - What's Going On and Whatnot

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gears Update - What's Going On and Whatnot

Post by Tachyon » Thu May 10, 2007 6:21 pm

Hello, everyone. I realize I haven't been very active on Gears Online lately. Sorry for the delays.

My current task is posting all the images and pages for mecha in Gall Force 2 and 3. It shouldn't take long. After that I'll update some Five Star Stories profiles (characters and mecha) and then tackle Earth Chapter. Thankfully, all image clean up for Earth Chapter is done.

Next up comes a Super Robot Wars update. I have a number of character and mecha profiles to add. All line art is scanned and cleaned up and most color images are cleaned up. I have 4 or 5 posters that need the folds edited out.

Then comes Mospeada. I don't have many color images but they're cleaned up. Line art is scanned but not yet cleaned up. After Mospeada I have some minor sections like "Ships of Dirty Pair" and "Designs from Starship Troopers" and Madox 01. The scanning is done but clean up remains.

In other news, I still mean to implement a wiki for Five Star Stories. I've just been too busy with my 2 boys to get much computer time. I'm continuing my education on Ruby on Rails so I can implement more "Web 2.0" and "community-centric" features for the Gears site. Some people like to play around on Web sites without visiting forums. It's interesting to note that the Ruby programming language was created in Japan. There's a high probability that anime fans wrote it.

My scanner is really acting up now so I'm hesitant to launch into a large scanning project (like L-Gaim). If I can't have it repaired for a reasonable fee then I'll have to look at a new scanner. If you're interested in helping in any way... Hey, there's clickable advertisements at the top of many Gears Online pages! -- What was I saying? Oh, yeah. If you're interested in helping in any way just keep spreading the word about Gears Online. :D
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.