FSS noob: Looking for English issues 1, 5, 9, 15, and 16

Trades, Sales and Exchanges of FSS Items

Moderator: kosh

cdg24

FSS noob: Looking for English issues 1, 5, 9, 15, and 16

Post by cdg24 » Sat May 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Impressive size format for a manga ... I say that after plunging into _FSS_ after receiving the 21 issues from Kinok NY two days ago.

If there are any Eng-language extras of issues 1, 5, 9, 15, and 16 for sale, please share info!

Also, what kind of contents belongs to the _Tales of Joker_ and what is the most comprehensive (and colored) character artbook released to date?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat May 05, 2007 10:33 pm

Check Ebay. There are almost always some issues of the english version on sale there. Just check back a couple of times per week and you should fill out your collection in no time.
Shinei!

cdg24

Post by cdg24 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:36 pm

I'm not that keen on ebay, but I'll likely give it a whirl. Thanks.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun May 06, 2007 4:15 pm

Most comprehensive artbook ?
Mmh, unless you can read Japanese (or the Chinese versions), you won't find any :? :wink:
But if you want a good collection of colored artworks, you should either go for :
-FSS Designs 1. Got quickly out of print for some reason, but is maybe still possible to find on ebay (could be expensive though, like 70$ instead of 25$...). You should be careful there are some (well made) bootlegs. So buying from a Japanese seller/store would be preferable.
-Knightflags, notorious for not fiting in any shelf :? :P Big book, hardcover, expensive :roll: :wink: out of print too :| on ebay from time to time.

Tales of Joker I'm not sure. I think FSS is prepublished in it, there may also be some additional content (some that we get in the english books), and some content not related to FSS. Maybe just what Nagano want to talk about... toys or something...
Some hardcore FSS fan would know better than me.

cdg24

Post by cdg24 » Sun May 06, 2007 4:39 pm

As long as _FSS Designs 1_ contains Kadokawa Shoten publisher information, it's not a bootleg right .... In any case, thanks.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun May 06, 2007 10:07 pm

Mmh, I don't know, mine's a bootleg, and it's written "printed in Japan", and Kadokawa Shoten on the bound (or whatever it is in English).

The printing quality is still impressively good, the main problem is that they got rid of a few "transitional" pages (a few blank pages I think), so instead of having a headdliner on a page and his/her fatima on the opposite, it's all recto verso... :roll:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon May 07, 2007 2:37 pm

cdg24 wrote:As long as _FSS Designs 1_ contains Kadokawa Shoten publisher information, it's not a bootleg right .... In any case, thanks.
try to make sure that the pages are 170+. The bootleg Designs 1 is only 156pages iirc.

Better yet, order from reputable stores. you can get Designs 1 from some japanese online stores such as amazon.co.jp or www.bk1.co.jp

Knight Flags i think they have new ones but those stores may not deal with overseas orders. gotta do abit of searching / ask the staff i guess.

As for Tales of Joker, it's currently stopped at 38. Contents are alot of articles, many non-FSS related such as movies review, models review (fss and non-fss), interviews with various people, etc... usually includes 2-4 months worth of FSS manga (usually 15pages per month). It's really more for the very hardcore FSS fans.

All in Japanese of coz. ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

cdg24

Post by cdg24 » Fri May 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Thanks. Thanks that I don't need to shell out on _Tales of Joker_!

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Sun May 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Another Dimension Comics has an extra copy of #1, and maybe other ones you're looking for. The place is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, but they may ship to where ever you are. Although, if they do, I imagine the shipping price will probably be somewhat expensive.

http://www.another-dimension.com/

cdg24

Post by cdg24 » Sun May 13, 2007 4:59 pm

Thanks for suggesting a Canadian store --it might help with shipping.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Sun May 13, 2007 10:15 pm

I didn't realize you were in Ontario. They do ship to the different provinces, but BC is already $13 for S&H. But, I really haven't seen anywhere else that has #1..

cdg24

Post by cdg24 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:47 pm

Actually, I now only need to look for issue #5 since I have ordered the other four issues recently. Lucky! Shipping hurts, but at least its in Cdn funds. In any case, do you know the prices for Books XI and XII, which are the Japanese language-editions? Just curious.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Mon May 14, 2007 10:52 pm

I've never tried looking for the Japanese set, as I can't read Japanese, and I'm not that big of a collector to want it in it's original format. I think I've seen a few on eBay, but no idea what they cost.

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue May 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Sometime the Japanese books are on ebay for as low as 3$.
Buying straight from HLJ isn't that expensive either compared to the "English version collect quest of the death".
10$ for the books, + a bit for shipping.