Been away, but I think I'm back

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Grebo Guru

Been away, but I think I'm back

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:17 pm

Hey all,

I guess this is the right forum to put this message in. I dunno for sure, but oh well, I'm here now.

So, yeah, I'm back. I've been away from Gears for a long time, but for the nonce my life seems to have stabilized and my time seems to have freed up. So, cool, I can post here again.

I spent some time on the Macross World forums last year, and found it a rather unpleasant experience. I have a lot of "custom" fan art (colorizations, mostly) of Macross mecha art -- I'll probably post a lot of it in the fan art forum sometime soon.

Also, I've had little time to watch anime recently, and I am SO behind. I'm just boggled by the amount of anime that now, well, exists! Between the explosion of cable and satellite channels, and the rise of shorter (13-episode) TV series, there have just been SO MANY anime shows in the 21st century. Gah! Howver, there have been a lot of mecha shows, so I'm pretty happy. Now I just gotta find the time to watch them! I mean, jeez...

Guren-Lagann, Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu, Jeeg, the new Giant Robo, a new Macross show upcoming, a new Gundam show upcoming, VOTOMS: Peruzen Files, etc etc etc... GOD. Seems a good, if daunting, time to be a mecha fan.

Grebo!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:47 pm

Grebo Guru! It's so nice to see you back. I still copy your explanation of the Evangelion TV show for people to help them understand some of the finer points of that show.

I look forward to reading your posts. I just finished renting a lot of 80's anime and would like to hear your advice on the best way to watch the newer mecha shows.

I realize we all get busy but if you have some time I would appreciate your looking through some of the pages on Gears Online and letting me know about any mistakes or omissions.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:51 am

Thanx Tachyon. I've missed bein' here to chat. I'm glad you got some kinda use out of my brain drool since I've been gone!

Yep, when I get the chance (this week I hope) I look forward to catching up on my reading of posts.

Greeb

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:26 am

Long time no see, Grebo! We aren't so active, but some good discussion do occured. So, welcome back. :D
Justice will never lose!

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:15 am

welcome back!

Monster

Post by Monster » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:23 am

Hey Grebo,

We've never met, but I've seen some of your custom pics posted on the Macross World forums. Great job man. I really like the paint schemes and your different takes on the designs.

I know what you mean about the rough time you had on the MW forums. Some people are just haters. Some "fans", and I use that term loosely, feel that if the mecha designs aren't done by Shoji Kawamori, than it's non-canon or that they just don't measure up. That's crazy. I look at the aesthetics of a design, and if it's good it's good. Like you, I thought the mecha in Macross II were great. In my opinion, it had some of the best variable fighter designs in ANY of the Macross eras. So keep pluggin' away man. :D

P.S. Do you have any pics of the VF-2SS SAP (Super Armed Pack)? If you do, I'd love to see them.

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:52 am

Hey, welcome back!

So, what happened? Secret missions? No, wait; let me guess - YOU'RE the one behind the Robot Renaissance of 2007!^_^

It's good to read you again, man!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:38 pm

So, Grebo. What stuff are you working on these days? Any chance of new Mekton Z roleplaying products?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:51 am

Thanx for the (re)welcome Tachyon, Kuruni, Zoxeysr, Monster, and Newton! :) Good to be yammering with you-all again.

Monster -- Happy to chat with a fellow refugee from the MacrossWorld forums, and (sorta) happy to see I'm not the only one who found that place less than friendly. I'm really glad you enjoyed my "FrankenMacross" pictures too. I do have pics of the VF-2SS-SAP, in fact. I'll post 'em sometime. The thing about posting pics here is that I gotta post 'em somewhere else first (like, say, my website) and then link to 'em here, so... it takes me longer, I guess.

Newton -- Great to be chatting with you again, bro! Hey, can I buy some artwork copies from you? I'd rather support you than give money to Kevin S. for his silly Palladium books. Oh, as for where I've been? Well, I got a girlfriend and she really cramped my style. That's the long and short of it. Zoxeysr can confirm all this. Anyway, we broke up, I'm happier now, and I'm also free to geek out online a lot more. w00t! And, yeah, heh... I wish I was behind the mecha renaissance of 2007. Man! I can't believe all the mecha anime comin' outta Japan right now! It's amazing!

Tachyon -- I'm STILL working on the Gundam RPG. As for new RTG Mekton products, Mike P announced on the MZML that he's looking for artists for Mekton. He hasn't said anything to me about new Mekton projects, but well... considering how brain-shatteringly awful Cyberpunk V3 was, I'm not sure I WANT any new Mekton Z products from RTG. Sad to say, but it's true...

Yeah, I guess I have a lot to read here and lot to comment on. It's nice to be back!

Grebo