The Gears Keep On Turning

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Gears Keep On Turning

Post by Tachyon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:05 pm

After making it halfway through Votoms last night I realized I'd better get some Gears Online work done. I've posted Quo Vadis material today. I'm scanning MM Auge images for FSS today although I'm not certain when I'll post them up (clean up is needed). I'll also bag that black and white image of the Cloudschatze in the back of manga volume 12. Later today I'll clear some table space and dump out my Super Robot Wars pile. I'm going to sift through for images to match recent profile submissions.

NOTE: My collection of scan-able SRW material is huge now. The number of submitted profiles is very small. Know someone who would like to write for SRW?

Priority will be given to scanning work over everything else since I have less than 6 weeks left before my family returns. I'd like to scan a large amount of material and then leave the clean up for March/April. Blassty, L-Gaim, Mospeada, etc. In a week or so I should be getting a new Layzner book. We'll see what that offers. I'll fit in some Gundam Girls scanning too.

EDIT
Oh, almost forgot. The Gall Force work isn't being neglected. I am now working on Eternal Story through Earth Chapter. I have the DVDs for reference and a large body of images to scan.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:29 pm

I got swamped trying to find the right SRW images so I've turned to typing up intros and character bios for the first 3 chapters of the Gall Force anime. Only Star Dust is remaining and I should have that done today.

After watching Earth Chapter and typing up its intro I'll plunge into sifting and scanning images for Eternal Story through Earth Chapter.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:20 am

Just finished Rhea Gall Force and Earth Chapters 1 through 3. Even though a bad sci-fi plot lurked at the heart of it all, I enjoyed watching them. Now I've got to think of a way to do the intro write-up without letting any of my criticisms spill over.

You guys saw Earth Chapter, right? What did you think?

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:17 am

I wish I could give my impression of Earth Chapter, but when I ordered, my supplier said it was out of Stock indefinitely. I though Rhea was pretty good, I would have liked to see it get resolved.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Rhea was a very good start. I just wish it could have continued that level of quality.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:53 pm

So Earth chapter didn't really hold up to well? Thats a shame, because it started out so good. I guess thats why Gall Force just faded away.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's complete junk. If you like Gall Force it's worth watching. I liked the mechanical designs and watching Norton kick butt. I was really ticked off about what happened to Norton at the end.

I just wish they could have done a better job in so many areas. I may write a full amateur review later but for now I need to write up brief character bios and then start some serious scanning.