Knight Flagg <--nothing special

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Spilt_Milk

Knight Flagg <--nothing special

Post by Spilt_Milk » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:42 pm

Im so relieved i never dished out all that change for knight flagg.
I found it on WINNY and i uploaded it to rapishare so heres the link.
No haters

http://rapidshare.com/files/13815324/Knight_Flagg.rar

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:57 pm

Knight Flags = Nothing Special?

I think you're smoking some crack! Knight Flags has been the absolute best characters book released thus far. Not only is it the largest in page count, but it contains loads of useful information (provided you can read it, of course) and the biggest/best collection of Nagano character and MH pics to date.

of course, uploading it to fileshare, you have done a huge favor to those FSS fans who don't have the means or finances to aquire the book, however any true hardcore fan couldn't call themselves such if they don't own this book in their collection.
Shinei!

Spilt_Milk

Post by Spilt_Milk » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:09 pm

well, besides a handful of pages most of the stuff is the english volumes or FSS outlinesie. the JSDF painting on jets

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:14 pm

Spilt_Milk wrote:well, besides a handful of pages most of the stuff is the english volumes or FSS outlinesie. the JSDF painting on jets
This is true. A lot of it is in FSS Outline and some of it (many of the character pics but a lot of the info it missing) is in the English volumes. However I prefer to have the character and mecha pictures all in one book if possible. Thats why I consider KF to the best Characters volume thus far.
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:28 pm

Hahahahahaha if you can't read it, of course it's absolutely useless. :D
Thanks for the effort anyways.

Spilt_Milk

Post by Spilt_Milk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:10 pm

I got nothing to do with it BUT Knight Flag is available on tokyotosho.com . and to those who have this book and are piping mad cause now their purchase is losing value now that its available on torrent. TOO BAD hahahaha

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:35 pm

I'm not mad at all. I like my copy of Knight Flags very much. Never plan to sell it, so I'm not concerned about any 'resale value'.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:41 am

KOG wrote:I'm not mad at all. I like my copy of Knight Flags very much. Never plan to sell it, so I'm not concerned about any 'resale value'.
Exactly. I'm a collector of FSS material because I like FSS, not because I'm thinking the value will go up. I have no plans of selling my FSS stuff...ever.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:08 pm

actually almost all FSS manga and Characters series of books, including Outline etc scans can be found on the net if u know where to look. Instead of WinNY, you can also try Share EX.

Scans are great for people who dont own them so that they can have a better idea of the contents and also for fast references (for people like me, lazy to dig out the books :oops:).

Most people will agree that having the real stuff in your hands beats reading from the PC screen.

As for the contents of KF, other than the tons of great designs, it is still one of the most informative description of the world of FSS. In fact i have more than one ver of KF, Jp hardcover ver, softcover ver and Chinese ver. I hope they make a English version soon!! I'd buy it. :twisted:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:39 pm

Spilt_Milk wrote:I got nothing to do with it BUT Knight Flag is available on tokyotosho.com . and to those who have this book and are piping mad cause now their purchase is losing value now that its available on torrent. TOO BAD hahahaha
If I was committed to preserving the rarity of Five Star Stories, would I have written the many translations and digests?
Not only am I all for sharing, I've volunteered my own time to that very effort.

All I can see you doing is trying to rip off other fans by selling the English FSS books at over-inflated prices.
At twice the cover price.
You seem to be the one who's most interested in your "purchase losing value".
Spilt_Milk wrote:Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:59 pm
$500 US for FSS 1-26 (#1-12 are Toypress issues AKA first editions)

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

out of print
got em in nyc kino.
they in toronto now
And to a forum member questioning your offer of $19/book (twice the cover price) you replied:
Spilt_Milk wrote:Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:56 am
yea but unless u live in a city that has a kinok ur ass out besides they out of print and very hard to come by let alone a whole set upto vol 26

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:06 pm

Here at Gears Online we're very appreciative of hitori's and Rubel's help revising profiles on the FSS pages.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.