Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spark Profile Needs Review

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:12 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/characters/spark.html

Spark/Madora is up now. I'm asking FSS fans to look it over and tell Nu Soard or I if you have any questions or comments.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:55 pm

So Prominence's personnae is also part of Spark/Madora ?
That's totally new to me.
How does it work ? Does he/she (the Prominence from the past is supposed to be a woman ?) ever appeared in the manga ?
Is that sentence "I don’t want to hurt anyone. I will not hold a sword" somewhere in the manga ?

And should we assume to see the other AD knights sometimes ?
Afterall most powerful characters of FSS don't really die, as they either visit the "real" universe from time to time, travel in time, go to a parallel universe, whatever...

Thanks for that profile^^

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:14 pm

Falk wrote:So Prominence's personnae is also part of Spark/Madora ?
That's totally new to me.
How does it work ? Does he/she (the Prominence from the past is supposed to be a woman ?) ever appeared in the manga ?
I'm not sure how it works yet. All of this was revealed in FSS Designs 1: AKD. It may be fully explained there. I got the information for the profile from some of the posters here who translated a bit of the text from Designs 1 concerning Spark/Madora/Prominence.
Is that sentence "I don’t want to hurt anyone. I will not hold a sword" somewhere in the manga ?
That is probably in FSS Book 11[JP] when they are flashing back to Madora being tested by Kaien and being punished/trained by Orakon Harris.
And should we assume to see the other AD knights sometimes ?
Anything is possible. We know that reincarnation is a big theme in FSS and many future characters are supposed to be reincarnations of past characters. It maybe that Spark is a reincarnation of Prominence and that Prominence's personality fully awakened within Madora, which is something that normally does not happen in a reincarnation. (sometimes there are past memories, but they are only just that) Voards Viewlard has been mentioned as a reincarnation of Nekkandarah Swans. It is theorized that Colus VI could be a reincarnation of Colus XXIII or maybe of Colus Dice Vice.
Afterall most powerful characters of FSS don't really die, as they either visit the "real" universe from time to time, travel in time, go to a parallel universe, whatever...
Well, they do die, but its more like in Buddhism...its not a permanent death but a transcendance of sorts. They transcend the physical and become divine. As divine beings they are then able to travel time and dimensions at their lesiure and even visit the physical plane from time to time as Amaterasu Mikoto does. Even though Nagano claims to be a "godless heathen", he has absolutely infused his Joker galaxy with religious themes and mythology and its spirituality seems heavily based in Buddhism with a smattering of Shinto and Christianity for flavor.
Thanks for that profile^^
No problemo. Theres a lot more forthcoming.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:31 am

Even though Nagano claims to be a "godless heathen", he has absolutely infused his Joker galaxy with religious themes and mythology and its spirituality seems heavily based in Buddhism with a smattering of Shinto and Christianity for flavor.
I've been doing some reading on this. In large polls done in Japan a very large percentage always claims to not be religious. However, author Ian Reader points out that the polls are skewed. The word most commonly used for religion in the Japanese language means "strict religious sect." Most Japanese don't belong to formal sects of anything. They're just "Japanese" which, to most, means they take part in Buddhist and Shinto customs and practices when appropriate.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:26 am

Ms Nobuko's translation is all there is in Designs 1:AKD. Prominence's identity isn't fully explained.

Although Prominence (from the past?) has not yet appeared in the manga, the name was mentioned in JP Vol9 by Princess Yarn when she was trying to persuade Skinzu to help her.

In the next page, we see 3 MMs - the middle MM has 2 names on its shield 炎子 (Prominence) and 司金斯 (Skinzu). What does it mean? MMs are supposed to be controlled by a single pilot only, why are there 2 names?

The other MM in the foreground has only 1 name - 海子(Neptune).

(Together with Kulmars, many of the names of these top warriors of the AD Century are now re-used for MHs - not to be confused for MHs)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)