a cool Hy-zeta model.

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

2000YearsOldMan

a cool Hy-zeta model.

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:31 am

happy new year!
give this picture to everyone as a gift.
enjoy. :D
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:41 pm

I have a Hobby Japan issue from the 80's with this design. I've always really liked it.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Breda

Post by Breda » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:09 am

I know the Hyper-Zeta was Fujita's original Zeta design, but I wish it was labeled as a Z-MSV with a new serial number, like the MSZ-007 and MSZ-008. The MSZ-006 is THE Zeta, not this design.

EZero8

Post by EZero8 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:18 am

Breda wrote:I know the Hyper-Zeta was Fujita's original Zeta design, but I wish it was labeled as a Z-MSV with a new serial number, like the MSZ-007 and MSZ-008. The MSZ-006 is THE Zeta, not this design.
If I remember correctly, the MSZ-008 number is already being used by the Z-MSV unit Z II. I dunno what is listed under MSZ-007, so I guess that is fair game.

As for the Hyper-Zeta, its pretty neat. Sleeker than the actual Zeta, but a bit more bulky. Still a nice piece though.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:43 am

MSZ-007 is Mass Production Zeta.

Very great model, undeniable.
Justice will never lose!

nkn1983

Post by nkn1983 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:13 pm

That's sexy, but the price 630 bux... ouch!!!

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:49 pm

You do realize just how big the kit is though?

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:38 am

First time I saw it I was like "wow !", but then there are a few "meeeh" anyway.

The face is kinda ugly, makes me think of the bad guy in the teenage mutant turtle serie. It looks to much like a face with a mask on it than a mecha face, and lacks the bad-assness of the regular Z or S gundam.
The head is also a bit to small.
And maybe the shoulders a bit too... I once came across a Japanese website where the guy was explaining (as much as I could figure out) that to look cool a mecha had to be positionned with its legs spread apart so that the width of his feet equals the width of his shoulders... I don't know if it's more "true" than other poses/proportions (while being the ultimate mecha, the Jagd Mirage doesn't really fit those proportions^^), but that works pretty well on the S/Ex-S gundam (and I could add the mighty series and many other MH), while this one looks quite large around the feet, but a bit more narrow around the shoulder.

A shame cuz' there are some really cool details lacking on most other gundams. The Bangdoll-like heels (and more or less, the MH-like feet), the crenels on the foot tips, the curved hips armor plates...

And happy new year^^ (let's hope this one will be better on the international scene... and environment... *pessimism knocking on the door*)
And hopefully some FSS release :wink:

Temjin

Post by Temjin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:54 am

I remember seeing a giant scale model of the Hy Zeta, though not as detailed as this model. For $650, I can see a crazy adult mecha fan will buy it. :P

Speaking of Zeta, anyone know the name of this one?

nkn1983

Post by nkn1983 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:53 pm

cobywan wrote:You do realize just how big the kit is though?
Yes I know, the specs are all in the pic, 50 cm is huge, but still $650 is a hefty price and not many can afford it.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:19 am

It's a resin kit. Do you know how much resin and silicone cost?

It's a great price. I can't afford it either. But that doesn't mean it's over priced. FSS kits cost 10 times that pound for pound.

Breda

Post by Breda » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:57 am

Temjin wrote:I
Speaking of Zeta, anyone know the name of this one?
MSZ-006C Zeta Space variant, I remember reading

nkn1983

Post by nkn1983 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:20 pm

cobywan wrote:It's a resin kit. Do you know how much resin and silicone cost?

It's a great price. I can't afford it either. But that doesn't mean it's over priced. FSS kits cost 10 times that pound for pound.
Seriously I don't know how you misread what I wrote as implying this kit was overpriced whatsoever, lol, I simply stated it was expensive, that's all, I do know the size, the quality and everything and it's worth that much, still the fact remain that it's expensive (expensive=!overpriced).
LOL anyway let's end the argument here.