ADV Films Next Classic Anime?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

ADV Films Next Classic Anime?

Post by Tachyon » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:44 pm

I've been thinking lately about ADV Films. They just finished Gatchaman and the Macross TV series will finish with volume 7 in mid December. What will their next classic offering be? Is it the right time to be sending them Emails requesting something? Does anyone know more about this?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:13 am

n :cry: o money for the new DVD animes.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:31 pm

I would love to email ADV hundreds of requests for some of the great classics we have been waiting for, but the problem is that they will always tell us "Classics don't sell"

The reason for that is the majority of the fandom got started with Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Gundam Wing. The Fandom wants new, they want flashy, and they don't care if the show has nothing else going for it, as long as it looks good to them. This is why we classic fans get shafted so much when it comes time for the Anime companies to pick up more licenses. We've seen Dunbine, Mospeada, and many others fail miserably because the fandom either doesn't like the look of them, or they do but don't want to take a chance because they never heard of a show before.

The Companies have no confidence in the classics for the most part, and the ones that do, like CPM and Animeigo, aren't in the best financial shape sadly. I know that if they could afford things like ADV can, Animeigo and CPM would be bringing us what we are looking for, but tragically they don't have that kind of cash.

I try to get young fans to start with classics, I give them tons of great classic titles to choose from when they ask, and I give them good reasons to check them out. But then someone recommends to them the newest and shiniest series at the moment, and the go off and buy that instead.

We are fighting a losing battle I'm affraid.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:05 pm

I mailed a letter to ADV Films this morning. I thanked them for the classics and dropped some hints about stuff I'd like to see. It can't hurt anything. I owe them a letter now that I've watched all of Gatchaman subtitled and remastered.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:23 am

hey! Tachyon I heard the bandai gonna publish the first gunbuster on north america next year.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:45 pm

February 20th. I pre-ordered my DVD set.