"When in Rome..."

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

"When in Rome..."

Post by Tachyon » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:56 pm

There's been a sharp increase in visitors to Gears Online from Rome, Italy starting yesterday. I wonder what happened?

If my reports are correct, they like Five Star Stories and Gundam.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:05 pm

That's interesting, I wonder why it's so specific to an area. Perhaps we're just getting better known.
Do you understand?

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:53 pm

to any Romans viewing right now, Welcome from your neighbor in the north!
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:24 am

As far as I known, Italians are big mecha fan. I recalled read somewhere that all of Go Nagai's classic work were aire there and have large fanbase. Possibly that they just discover our site and news spread like wild fire? :D
Justice will never lose!

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:27 am

Yeah, Italy shows alot of Super robot shows. If I could read Italian, I'd have a ton of Classic shows.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:01 pm

I had the time today to take a closer look at the reports. Italy (and the island of Sardinia) have "discovered" Gears Online. In the past week (from today) 61.33% of this site's traffic has been from Italy, 15.78% from the U.S. and 3.21% from Japan. Canada and the UK come after Japan.

If anyone knows Italian and would like to write a welcome message let me know. If this trend continues I'll have to break out my Super Robot Wars books and scan the super robot images! Does anyone know what Italians like to see?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:16 am

I know there's a complete Danguard Ace torrent in Italian, almost tempted to DL it myself. I've also seen Great Mazinga, Mazinkaiser and Getta Robo with Italian subs from different groups.
Do you understand?

TSP

Post by TSP » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:38 am

Just wonder where they had been. :P Back in the mid 90's I had an italian friend who went to school here in Germany. He visited his homeland nearly everytime during summer holidays. After his first longer trip there he once asked for a copy of my Five Star Stories Tape for a relative. He also told me that there were a lot Gundam and FSS fans on the collage he attended few years later. We lost contact after a year.
I guess his clone army of FSS loving mech-maniacs could be ready by now. :twisted:
Or it's just because there are to less sources for FSS input. Well at least non japanese sources. The only non japanese places I surfed to before my membership at Gears online where Wax Trax and later on a german site with translated textfiles from Wax Trax. So not to much of a choice. I don'tz know how many non japanese sites there are nowadays beside Falk's french FSS site and your place.