Some questions from a newbie

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Engage

Post by Engage » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:02 am

What is Around the World in San Francisco (kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?)? I've never heard of that one.

nkn1983

Post by nkn1983 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:58 am

It's really for hardcore fans only, as it's a picture book of Nagano's trip to San Francisco I guess. Nothing of FSS in it at all, though there're a couple of his drawings.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:43 pm

P/7 is really one of the rarer books, with some L-Gaim character art, and also some early FSS character artwork and photoshots of Nagano in Philippines (which was included in Around the World in Philippines <--- hardcore fans will know this is very sought after limited release)

And wow! you bought so many!! nice collection now ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

nkn1983

Post by nkn1983 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:27 pm

Haha is it really a rare one? Maybe I should keep it after all ;) jk my offer still stands, anyone who wants those 2 books let me know.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:19 am

Wow, so quickly your collection dwarfs my own!

I'm so jealous, you have Water Dragon and AKD! And whats that book next to FSS Designs 1 with the picture of the Schpeltor on it? I don't have that one either!
Shinei!

nkn1983

Post by nkn1983 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:24 am

Thanks.
The book you asked for is the Five Star Stories Chronicle 1990 First Edition, hardcover. The funny thing is you have to flip a few pages to find out what the title is as there's nothing written on the cover.
Anyway it's all black and white with 1 exception (kinda). 2/3 of the book is the encyclopedia section all text and a few small images, which to a non japanese speaking guy like me is practically useless but no doubt very useful to someone who can understand it. Then we have a section of the cover pages (are they called that?) from the Newtype magazines (black and white of course). Finally we get something called Water Dragon, it's kind of a story about the origin of the Water Dragon I guess (I've not read about it in the manga yet) in form of 8 illustrations spanning 2 pages each (very beautiful drawings), with titles (thankfully both japanese and english), 1 illustration has some text in japanese as well. That's it. I am actually a bit disappointed in the book as it's mostly text.

Edit: I've just had a look through the few other books and the Water Dragon part is the same as from the well Water Dragon characters 3, the encyclopedia part is very similar to the Five Star Stories Chronicle Light book.