another remake of classic robot anime---Reideen

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

2000YearsOldMan

another remake of classic robot anime---Reideen

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:38 am

famous animation company Production I.G is remaking classic robot anime Reideen.
I was exciting about Production I.G is doing the remake, because this company always doing very high quality animations,( like ghost in the shell ) but I was really upset after I saw the trailer. I don't like what they to the CG robots, expecially the Raideen.
here is the trailer's link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omcPvycHoJc&eurl=
what you think?
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

kosh

Post by kosh » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:36 pm

Someone posted the same link over at 4chan.org and I watched it there. I have to say, I don't like their treatment of Reideen either. It might have the "spirit" of the old show, but that robot is not Brave Reideen.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:38 pm

Yeah, I don't know about this one. I think they made a mistake with the main mech.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

2000YearsOldMan

a new mecha animation from the director of Votom.

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:36 am

I really think the people remaking the classic mecha anime just for selling the new toy figures or models, so they change many things in the original to fit the new group of young people(like the new gundam series)

the director of Votom is pulling up a new animation called FLAG, it is out in Japan already. from the clips I saw, I really like it and looking forward to it.
by the way the machenic designer is miyatake kazutaka.
here is the video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW18X1MCZoE
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:45 pm

Thanks for the link. Looks like that could be a good one.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:07 pm

Flag, is that the one Shinsen is subbing? If it is it's a good one, well worth watching.
Do you understand?

TSP

Post by TSP » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:06 pm

Flag is kinda like Johnnie To's Breaking news. I like the idea of having the whole show seen through the lenses of cameras. Don't expect to much action it's more like a documentary of a war zone with interviews and seightseeing tours. I've watched 6 episodes so far. My first impression of this show was kind of boring because I was used to watch anime as story telling medium loaded with action, intrigues, developed characters,fun,ect.

If you're going to see this show watch it as a documentary not as an anime!
Oh I almost forgot the second best part of the show. It's ending theme "Lights"sung by Eri Nobuchika witch was also her debut single summer 2004. It was also enclosed in the PSP GAme Lumines as FPM Obsession mix. :D
Ooooooh Eriiiiii...... :oops:

Lights as Webradio song
Last edited by TSP on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TSP

Post by TSP » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:22 pm

Sorry! I missed the subject.The new Reideen looks okay to me. Allthough it's to shiny with all that gold armor and light a la Orbital Frames. Hope this will change in the cotinuation of the show. Thanks for posting the Youtube trailer. I didn't knew Reideen was also on the list of remakes.

StarBomber109

Post by StarBomber109 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:46 am

Hey, I like it! The CG has a lot of detail on it, it was very well done. The animated parts seem really clean and well detailed too. I hope it rocks (but I never saw the original...what was it like?)

(and first post! w00t!!!!)

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:28 am

Welcome, StarBomber!

Brave Raideen was a great show - the first of the transforming mecha shows. I'll have to scrounge around and see if I have any good pics of the original Raideen mech.

The new one looks different, but I'm willing to see the show before I pass judgement. They already did one "remake" of Raideen; at least this one has the mech and the hero in it (as opposed to a gang of bishounen in birdy armor). :evil:

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:59 am

My friend also consider RahXephon as remake Raideen...
Justice will never lose!

Star Dragon

haha

Post by Star Dragon » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:02 am

That's exactly what my impression was when I first saw the picture of Rah (it's Raideen?)

Raideen was Created to protect/or by the MU empire

Rah is piloted by a MU... Any homage there you think?

I hope the new Raideen has a decent stroy, so far it's pretty cgi-wise but defiantely does NOT feel like the Radieen I grew up with.

I used to have the 2 foot tall version with Getter G and Great Mazinger. My friend had Godzilla and Gaiking and we's have robot battles (we were like 7-8) lol!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:06 am

I'm so psyched that they've been remaking/sequelizing so many anime lately. (Although this is technically the second remake of Raideen.) Life is good for us old-school mechaheads.

It seems to me that at this point, it's almost easier to list what HASN'T been revisited than to list what has. However, I do have short list of remakes/sequels I'd really like to see:

#1: Dougram (why hasn't this happened already?!?)

#2: Grendizer (Omicron Beeeeeeammmm!)

#3: Candidate For Goddess (I want an ending, dammit!)

#4: Golion (done in Japan, not some crummy Voltron thing again)

#5: Galvion

So there!!

Grebo