New to FSS

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Neeyahaha

New to FSS

Post by Neeyahaha » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:58 am

I got the DVD from ADVfilms, and am interested in the series, but don't want to go out and start spending money on something I could end up not liking. Are there any, um.. samples of the manga anywhere?

I'm fairly confident I'll end up liking FSS, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Especially considering how much it seems like I could end up investing in this series..

Thanks for any responses.

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:33 am

It depends. Due to the fact that FSS has been licensed, there aren't (m)any scanlation teams around that work on it. I would suggest you look up one of the chinese comic sites for scans (they seem rather unfazed by copyright laws), and use heika.net's translations as a guide. Keep in mind that both scans and translations aren't perfect, or even complete; you'd be much better off getting the official volumes.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:25 pm

I'll give that a try.

Thanks

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:10 pm

Sorry for using your topic, but I have a question of my own: What is Lachesis's relation to Queen (besides the fact that they're sisters)? Also, did Kaien actually get any of his genes from her?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:59 pm

There are people here a lot more knowledgable than me but I'll try to answer your questions.
Euhsung wrote:What is Lachesis's relation to Queen (besides the fact that they're sisters)?
Lachesis and Queen were both created by Dr. Ballanche which is why they are called sisters. Lachesis and Queen were both created without fatima mind control (making them illegal creations according to galaxy law).
Euhsung wrote:Also, did Kaien actually get any of his genes from her?
Kaien got his genes from his parents (a headdliner and diver from the AD era) but his genes were influenced by Queen's DNA while Kaien developed in her womb. Kaien got no genes from Lachesis.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:31 pm

Only problem now, is that I have no idea where to find scans or scripts. I saw the one topic with the chapter 12 scan, but that doesn't really help me for the first few chapters, especially since I still have no idea what's going on. Well.. what's being said, anyway.

So yeah... anyone know where I might find scripts and/or scans?

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:38 pm

I hope this isn't breaking any rules or anything.
www.8comic.com/1057.html
-or-
www.8comic.com/2695.html

Those two pages together should have all the manga pages you need, if you don't care too much about the quality.
One has the chapters, the other the volumes.

For translations, I've found this to be the best:
http://web.archive.org/web/200410120125 ... l/fss2.htm
It's only until volume 9(?) though, and there are errors in the scripts.
Lachesis and Queen were both created by Dr. Ballanche which is why they are called sisters. Lachesis and Queen were both created without fatima mind control (making them illegal creations according to galaxy law).
Oh, I meant the bit where Queen was supposed to be the genetic template for Lachesis (and the testbed for all the procedures Ballanche implemented in his later fatimas).

On another note, how did Dr. Neutral end up having no sex?

I'm sorry, but I'm one of the new-gen fans (FSS is older than me by a fair bit), so I'm trying to catch up for lost time.
[/quote]

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:53 am

He cut off his genetals and nipples in order to not have any sexual pleasure that would distract him from his work.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:33 pm

Euhsung, if you were a woman, I would love you.

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:23 am

Tachyon wrote:Kaien got his genes from his parents (a headdliner and diver from the AD era) but his genes were influenced by Queen's DNA while Kaien developed in her womb. Kaien got no genes from Lachesis.
But if Queen is simply a surrogate mother, then how can they share any DNA? The fetus gets all its DNA from its biological parents; the mother's role in pregnancy is to provide nutrients and to filter wastes for the fetus while providing a suitable environment for growth. According to conventional biology, there shouldn't be any influencing of genes.

Sorry, but since I plan to pursue a career in bioengineering (Hence my interest in FSS, which is dedicated to bioengineered humanoid computers), this particular quirk strikes me as weird.

To TC: I am male, but thanks anyway. :]

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:26 pm

Euhsung wrote:But if Queen is simply a surrogate mother, then how can they share any DNA? The fetus gets all its DNA from its biological parents; the mother's role in pregnancy is to provide nutrients and to filter wastes for the fetus while providing a suitable environment for growth. According to conventional biology, there shouldn't be any influencing of genes.
What is more, Queen is influenced by Kaien's genetic information and changes in to somthing more than a Fatima.
Neither case is possible in real life, but this is not a hard science fiction.
Just...errr... let it slide :D

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:22 am

The FSS is Science-Fantasy. Don't get all worked up over scientific inconsistancies, there's a lot of them in FSS and it would only drive you mad....
Shinei!

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:14 am

Oh well... Guessed as much. It's nice to mull over things like this, but in the end, the entertainment factor trumps everything else. Thanks...
Does anyone have any clue as to when FSS will start up again? All the news I've got so far point to next year...

Oh... almost forgot about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVvLbKOkkyc

It's a real treat on the eyes.