First time modeling.

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Nun Puncher

First time modeling.

Post by Nun Puncher » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:02 am

There's already a thread about this, someone with godly admin powers can feel free to delete this thread.

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:38 am

Hi there nun puncher,

I hope you don't think we are all being rude by not answering you. New FSS modellors are most welcome on this forum. :) Some of us older fss modellors who have been bludging lately and not building or painting at all could do with a bit of inspiration from new members here.

Please feel free to ask any questions and share photos of your work. :)

Nun Puncher

Post by Nun Puncher » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:10 pm

Ah thanks, I just didn't realize there was a topic with a lot of these questions already answered. I'm hoping to start on a recast prominence and give it a different paint job. I'm toying with a picture I found on gears and coloring it in photoshop. Its going to be black and a light blue I'm going to use some green stuff (epoxy whatever its called around here) and cover the flame pattern on one shoulder. For now I'm calling it the Defiance, partly because I think it fits somehow with the Prominence and because I don't see too many custom paint jobs on here and there's nothing wrong with that but I'd rather make mine just that distinctly mine. (Besides I'm terrible at mixing paint and Sheizzel's Prominence looks better than anything I could do.)

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:10 am

Nun Puncher wrote:I don't see too many custom paint jobs on here and there's nothing wrong with that but I'd rather make mine just that distinctly mine. (Besides I'm terrible at mixing paint and Sheizzel's Prominence looks better than anything I could do.)
Hmm... I thought I heard that Sheizzel's Prom got stripped. Not sure if that was the orange or the black frame. Jack... that orange was perfect (in my opinion :D )

As for custom colour schemes... indeed you don't see many at all. Many FSS fans are purists, and almost fanatical about standard colour schemes (with maybe a few minor changes allowed, but nothing too outlandish).

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:49 pm

elemental wrote:
Hmm... I thought I heard that Sheizzel's Prom got stripped. Not sure if that was the orange or the black frame. Jack... that orange was perfect (in my opinion :D )
Yep, sadly I chose to strip everything. It was definitely not the orange that was getting to me, it was the frame. I also had to mix more of the orange because it was running out. Now I have a large bottle of orange that can last for a long time.

Nun Puncher

Post by Nun Puncher » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:53 pm

Yeah the orange was dead on, but what do you mean the frame?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:11 am

Nun Puncher wrote:Yeah the orange was dead on, but what do you mean the frame?
The inner skeletal structure.

Nun Puncher

Post by Nun Puncher » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:16 am

Oh ok, but what was wrong with the frame?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:27 am

Nun Puncher wrote: what was wrong with the frame?
Too dark. It just looks black, instead of the deep purple I had in mind to begin with. I added too much of black to the blue+red mix, and it's impossible to see the purple in the mix after a few coats of paint.