Schpeltor Cloud Schätze

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

TSP

Schpeltor Cloud Schätze

Post by TSP » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm

A had a latenite discusion with some one about the Name of the Schpeltor,it's pronouncing and meaning. As we all know Nagano has a flick on german WWII vehicles and secret projects by the Wehrmacht. So this is the conclusion of our discussion i would like to know what you guys think about .
Schpeltor with the japanese l=r pronouncing problem becomes Sperrtor. A Sperrtor is a name for a gate/blockade which hold off anything it is build for. It could be a water dam or a tunnel hatch.During WWII the Sperrtor was a defence line in water. This leads to the result: The Schpeltor was made as the last line of defence to the AKD. It is a early KOG MH. So it reassemble the "Streitmacht" of the AKD as an invinceble empire. a A MH blockade of only 1 Morthar Headd.Or just a unobliterateable obstacle.

Cloud Schätze/ Cloud Treasure doesn't make any sence at all. But "Klaut Schätze" does. The german pronounce for "steal" is the english word "cloud". Some of the presious treasure Uplanda has stashed are the sleeping Chrome Balanche masterpiece Fatimas.Who've been stollen by the FEMC in Amon Düül 4100.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:34 pm

Thanks for that information, TSP. The sources for Nagano's names in Five Star Stories are always interesting to discuss. It looks like you've found some of Nagano's inspiration.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:32 pm

Yup', more FSS trivia ^_^

I just made a search for Wunderschatze, and it looks like it's a song from the band Novalis, you guessed it... a German band from the 70's :wink: (I wonder why I never saw those results before, I can't believe I never searched for "wunderschatze" before today... or maybe I stuck to the image search :roll: )

Wunderschatze seems to mean "wonderful treasure".

TSP

Post by TSP » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:01 pm

Yes Wunderschätze means wonder treasure . But due to german grammar this word doesn't make any sence at all. If it was Wunderschütze or Wunderschuetze than I would directly see a conection between MH and it's name. Wunderschuetze= Wonder Gunnery. Yeah! :twisted: The magical Sniper 8). And by the way. I don't know why I didn't thought about the Schpeltor or Cloud Schätze Names befor, it was so obvious. :roll:

zchen

Post by zchen » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:36 pm

well, Cloud Schätze has been changed to Wolke Schätze per Designs 1, I guess he want the name to be in german completely. wolke is german for cloud right?

TSP

Post by TSP » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:24 am

yes it is . I don't have FSS Design 1. I didn"t knew he changed the name. Well somehow a bid strange cause Cloud schatze already had it's comic debut. Wolke schatze sounds absolutly awfull.