May 21st Fatima Update

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

May 21st Fatima Update

Post by Tachyon » Sun May 21, 2006 11:44 pm

Nu Soard has submitted 10 fatima profiles. Please follow the links below and lest either of us know if there are any mistakes or missing images.

Hugtrang
Krackaline
Kyo
Ninaris
Ochestro
Potar
Puula
Tisphone
Vin-Tin
Wilma
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon May 22, 2006 1:18 pm

One thing I noticed was that all pages are titled: Fatima Palsuet Five Star Stories...:D
I have a lot of questions.

Hugtrang
Where do you get this information?
Hugtrang is one of the most famous fatimas across the galaxy. She is highly sought after not only for her unsurpassed ability but for her irresistible beauty as well.
Krackaline
Is the order in which Spark met her Fatimas known?
I'm refering to the first sentence from the quote below.
Spark/Madora is only one of two Headdliners that I know to have two Fatimas. (not counting Amaterasu and Colus III)
Where did you get the information about "as many Fatimas as he can...too many partners" comment?
Krackaline is actually Spark’s second fatima. Even though it is technically difficult to deploy more than one fatima at once, surprisingly, this is not a rare practice. A headdliner can have as many fatimas as he can financially support, though it would likely be frowned upon if a headdliner collected too many partners.
Ninaris
Where did you get Jid's nickname, his mercenary status and Ninaris' reputation?
...a member of one of the galaxy’s top rated mercenary corps. Ninaris will develop a reputation as one of the most brutal fatimas in the galaxy, a fact that will haunt Dr. Koop unto his grave.
Ochestro
Where did you read that she is Dr. Zinc's first Fatima?

Potar
How did you know that she is Morard's fourth Fatima?

Puula
Again, Fatima number? :)

Vintin
Jota Space Knights -> Iota Space Knights
she seems to be free of the psychological instabilities that plagued the other early Ballanche models.
I thought the only two that displays noticible mental instabilities are Queen and Parthenon?

Wilma
Her Meight's full name is Almion Eipos.
Keeping with the elemental themed names, Almion is probably a variation on Aluminum.
Due to her over-the-ankel boots, she probably is not an S type.
S types wear the pumps.
Based on her boots alone she'd be an M type, but I'm not that certain since she wears a longer skirt.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon May 22, 2006 2:07 pm

I'll fix the page titles soon. I was working on the pages yesterday afternoon when I was half asleep from jet lag.

Thanks for the comments and questions. Each point you raised will be checked over. I'm going to give Nu Soard a chance to reply to these since he wrote the profiles.

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon May 22, 2006 8:59 pm

Addendum: Full name of Dr. Zinc is Sarita Asu* Zinc.

*Asu might be romanization of Earth.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue May 23, 2006 3:11 am

hitori wrote:One thing I noticed was that all pages are titled: Fatima Palsuet Five Star Stories...:D
I have a lot of questions.

Hugtrang
Where do you get this information?
Hugtrang is one of the most famous fatimas across the galaxy. She is highly sought after not only for her unsurpassed ability but for her irresistible beauty as well.
From the english version, volume 25.

The actual text is: An ultra-special gorgeous fatima if ever there was one, and of course one of the most well-known throughout the Galaxy...

change of wording to avoid copywrite infringement!
Krackaline
Is the order in which Spark met her Fatimas known?
I'm refering to the first sentence from the quote below.
Spark/Madora is only one of two Headdliners that I know to have two Fatimas. (not counting Amaterasu and Colus III)
Where did you get the information about "as many Fatimas as he can...too many partners" comment?
Krackaline is actually Spark’s second fatima. Even though it is technically difficult to deploy more than one fatima at once, surprisingly, this is not a rare practice. A headdliner can have as many fatimas as he can financially support, though it would likely be frowned upon if a headdliner collected too many partners.
In the english version. It mentions that the method of employing more than one fatima is by no means, rare. As to what order Spark impressed her respective fatima, I have no clue. The issue here is merely with my wording, as I did not intend to insinuate that Krackaline was Sparks second fatima in that order, but merely meant that Krackaline was one of Spark's two fatimas.
Ninaris
Where did you get Jid's nickname, his mercenary status and Ninaris' reputation?
...a member of one of the galaxy’s top rated mercenary corps. Ninaris will develop a reputation as one of the most brutal fatimas in the galaxy, a fact that will haunt Dr. Koop unto his grave.
Again, taken from the English version, volume 25.

The actual text is: A Koop creation and partner of "Backstabber Joe Jid Matoria", a Knight of Buchtgma and member of one of the Galaxy's top rated mercenary corps. She will be apoard the Silver Knight's Schpeltor during the forthcoming Sorcerer Wars. Her Reputation as one of the most brutal fatimas Joker has ever seen, along with her sister Belkut, will haunt even her meight to his grave.
I oftentimes change the wording slightly when I write up profiles so as to not be accused of copywrite infringement. I changed "Backstabber Joe Jid Matoria" to Joe "Backstabber" Jid Matoria because thats how nicknames are normally presented in english. First name, then nickname in "quotes" then the rest of the name.
Ochestro
Where did you read that she is Dr. Zinc's first Fatima?
She's the first Zinc's fatima listed of two.
Potar
How did you know that she is Morard's fourth Fatima?
She's the fourth fatima on his list. Thus far the fatima listings seem to be in order of their creation. Though, it is possible that the listed fatimas are only one's that have thus far appeared in the manga and more are fourthcoming, at this point, she's number four on the list in Volume 25.

An assumption, to be sure, but mostly to fill out the Number listing until we get something more concrete. (with Nagano, not likely) Its also for the purpose of someone being able to find the listed fatima in the referrence material. They can look up Koop fatima, fourth down on the list...ah hah! There she is. We're trying to be as helpful to FSS newbies as possible, so they can use the website as a reference, then follow along at home with their own books after they aquire them (hopefully)
Vintin
Jota Space Knights -> Iota Space Knights
she seems to be free of the psychological instabilities that plagued the other early Ballanche models.
I thought the only two that displays noticible mental instabilities are Queen and Parthenon?
Again, taken from English volume 25. In the English version, Iota is written as Jota. I think the text in volume 25 is referring specifically to Queen and Parthenon comparing their mental states to Vintin's more stable personality. Does Marjer have any mental quirks about her?
Wilma
Her Meight's full name is Almion Eipos.
Keeping with the elemental themed names, Almion is probably a variation on Aluminum.
Due to her over-the-ankel boots, she probably is not an S type.
S types wear the pumps.
Based on her boots alone she'd be an M type, but I'm not that certain since she wears a longer skirt.
thanks for the info. Good catch on the "Type". Sometimes its hard to tell by looks alone, but she looked very young to me, a very similar look to other "S" type fatima. Of course, since I wasn't sure, thats why I put "probably" in parenthises.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue May 23, 2006 4:12 am

I appreciate the questions and input Hitori.

I know that you have issues with me taking liberties with the writeups sometimes, but mostly its to avoid copywrite issues and to try to make the writeups as clear as possible to FSS newbies. We've already had a few individuals ask questions about writeups that weren't clear to them. Sometimes a bit of exposition is necesary for those who haven't followed along with the manga.

You hardcore guys don't need it. You already know whats going on :)
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue May 23, 2006 5:16 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
I really don't have anything against your writing style.
If I came off that way I apologize.

The reason I ask for sources is because I want to keep on top of any new stuff.
Since Nagano writes random articles and slips odd bits of information in interviews it's really something to keep track of.

For example, just recently I read an article about four new Fatimas that are supposed to come out 1600 years(?) after the unification of Joker by Colus VI.
One of them even seems to have a synchronization system similar to what EST has with Vatshu.
(It's an assumption some fans made because this Fatima has two power guages. I don't think it's stated that she/he has a sync system.)
With FSS, there's always these rumors etc that pop up. :wink:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed May 24, 2006 4:58 am

I fixed the page titles this afternoon and just finished touching up some of the profiles to better cover some points raised by Nu Soard and hitori.

"Jota Space Knights" is spelled with a "J" in Knight Flags but the Japanese spelling, イオタ, does seem to imply that "Iota" would be a good romanization. I'm going to go with the Knight Flags spelling and assume that the "J" is pronounced with a "Y" sound as is sometimes found in Spanish and other languages.

TSP

Post by TSP » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:16 pm

According to Wikipedia germany "Jota" is a spanish dance held on funerals. It's like waltz of death played on 3/4 tact . The songtext to the music were about patriotism, sexual allusions, religion and were used to streighten their community . Hope this helps. Strangly I didn't found an english explanation on wiki com.