Led/Jagd Mirage vs...

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

junchoon

Led/Jagd Mirage vs...

Post by junchoon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:56 am

what if Led/Jagd Mirage is pitted against...

1) Zeta Gundam
2) Dendrobium
3) giant guyver
4) a normal knight embedded with a guyver unit
5) Kaine/Max embedded with a guyver unit
6) Star Trek Enterprise (from The Next Generation TV series)
7) Macross SDF-1
8) Death Star from star wars

:)

wps

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:16 am

Interesting questions. Some of them would be difficult to answer.

Personally, I think most mortar headds would defeat the Zeta Gundam if they met on the surface of a planet.

Fighting with giant guyver, Death Star or SDF-1 (the Macross) is difficult for me to envision. There are such size differences that you would have to be specific about how they faced off.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:02 am

oh... there is no restriction as to how they face each other, but for arguement sake, the led mirage will face Giant Guyver on the surface of the earth, while DS and SDF-1 faces Led mirage in outer space, without any accompanying Tie-Fighters or VF-1s.

(Spoiler ahead for those who have not watched Macross Plus)

remember how Isamu in Macross Plus faced off SDF??

i will also add another
9 ) Ultraman on earth, with plenty of sunshine :)

personally i am most interested is no 5 of Kaine/Max with Guyver unit embedded.

off course i have leave out some superheroes/villans like Superman, Jean Grey, Magneto, etc. -- they will be gutted for sure, or maybe not?? :)haahaa... seems not that interesting to pit against them, that's all.

wps

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: Led/Jagd Mirage vs...

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:40 am

junchoon wrote:what if Led/Jagd Mirage is pitted against...
Okay, very odd but lets play:

1) Zeta Gundam
No contest. Gundams and Mortar Headds aren't even close to being on the same level. The amount of technology within a Mortar Headd far outstrips that found within any Mobile Suite. And the LED Mirage being the most powerful of MH's (well...its not even a MH but the next evolutionary step on the Mechanical scale) would make very quick work of the Zeta Gundam

2) Dendrobium
See Zeta Gundam above. The Dendrobium has not chance against even a Maglow, let alone something as powerful as a LED.

3) giant guyver
Very odd. It would be interesting, to be sure, but my money is still on the Mortar Headd.

Now that would be pretty fricken sweet. However, a normal Rank 1 Knight in a Guyver Unit still has not chance against a normal MH, much less a Mirage Machine.

Is this necessary? Kaien would still die. However, Maximum...he's already more powerful than a MH. Add a Guyver Unit and he'd be a pretty scary guy! That might actually make him equal to a Machine messiah! But I doubt he could beat a LED. (that would be one sweet battle though!)

We did some comparisons before. A Maglow has enough energy output to completely annihilate the NCC1701-D. A LED would have no trouble whatsoever.

7) Macross SDF-1
I would imagine the same outcome as the Enterprise D.

8) Death Star from star wars
Well, this would be a challenge for a LED Mirage....unless of course, it was equipped with a Buster, or the pilot/fatima knew about its weakpoint. If the fatima was given an opportunity to analyze the Deathstar, it wouldnt take long for her to determine the weakpoint and direct the Headdliner Pilot to blitzkrieg into the core of the space station and destroy it.
As far as the Jagd is concerned, it is too manuverable for the Deathstar to hit with its SuperLaser, so I'd give it to the Jagd.
:)

wps
I know, I had Mortar Headds win every battle, but The Five Star Stories is just rediculous on the technological scale. The only fictional source I can think of that would compete might be Lensman.
Shinei!

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:38 am

i was under the impression that the LED Mirage is so powerful because it is in RAID GIG mode? but when one-to-one (a la vol 1's Black Knight vs Led Mirage, the Led seems to be struggling at best) it's just not as strong?

wps

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:35 am

I know, I had Mortar Headds win every battle, but The Five Star Stories is just rediculous on the technological scale. The only fictional source I can think of that would compete might be Lensman.
Ideon? Gunbuster?

;D

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:50 pm

Poseidal:

Now you're talkin' about a brawl. :D

You've hit on the two main mecha I can think of that are in the LED Mirage's class. Ol' GunBucket (with Noriko Takaya piloting) would definitely provide a knock-down drag-out fight with a LED or a Jagd Mirage, and I can't really say who would win.

Ideon? Well, Cosmo would freak out, Piper Lou would start crying, and the Ideon would destroy the f**kin' universe. Fade to black.

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:58 pm

1) Zeta Gundam
No contest. Less than none.

2) Dendrobium
See above.

3) giant guyver
Slap. Squish. Film at 11.

A protracted version of the above.

Hmmmm... could provide some amusement...

Single shot. Warp core breach, film at 11.

7) Macross SDF-1
Single shot to bridge. Crew eliminated, possible overload of reflex furnaces. Death ensues on a grand scale.

Death Star from star wars
LED: One shot to exhaust port; two shots anywhere else. Boom.
Jagd: Single direct shot. Happy rebels.

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:04 am

Poseidal wrote: Ideon? Gunbuster?

;D
nah, IDEON is only a myth! :twisted:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:52 pm

junchoon wrote:i was under the impression that the LED Mirage is so powerful because it is in RAID GIG mode? but when one-to-one (a la vol 1's Black Knight vs Led Mirage, the Led seems to be struggling at best) it's just not as strong?

wps
You are probably right, but even without the RAID GIG active (isn't that where Bucstual coordinates the actions of 7 or 8 LED's simultaneously) LED's are supposed to be unbeatable by other "normal" Mortar Headds. Of course I don't consider the Vatshu with EST as the co-pilot a normal MH (neither would I consider The Empress or the SR2 Junchoon or any of the Mighty Series MH's normal)

Also one must consider that by the time of the battle between the Karer Cytharis and Sydmian, EST is probably the most experienced Fatima in the galaxy. Her battle-data alone would make the Vatshu practically unbeatable, not to mention her enhanced Gauges when piloting it (making her one of the galaxies few 3A rated fatimas) when coupled with Sydmian's experience (remember, he was the battle-leader of the Colus MH forces) probably allowed the Vatshu to match with the much less experienced Karer's LED quite closely.

Also there is a rumor that without RAID GIG active, that LED's are very difficult to control. This could also lead to such a close battle even though the LED's are significantly more powerful. Not to mention that they stated that they had been battling for 65 hours (not sure if their duel lasted 65 hours, or that they were in a huge battle that lasted that long and they were simply the final two combatants) and both machines were stressed and energy levels were extremely low, thus the reduced perfomance on both ends (esp the LED)
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Poseidal wrote: Ideon? Gunbuster?

;D
unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Ideon. Gunbuster was pretty ridiculous but it seemed to me that the technology in the Gunbuster doesn't match up to that of the Super Empire from FSS. Although the Gunbuster cold probably wreck any MH except maybe a LED or Jagd...its be a good battle anyway you look at it.
Shinei!

Newton

Post by Newton » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:26 pm

Nu:

If you're on the download, go to Tokyo Toshokan. Shin-Getter Anime has Ideon up to episode 32. It's kind of like watching a train wreck - gruesome, rather sad and really spectacular.

And that's just the mech I'm talking about... ^_^

TSP

Re: Led/Jagd Mirage vs...

Post by TSP » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:30 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
junchoon wrote:what if Led/Jagd Mirage is pitted against...
Are you thinking of a grey lensman or their battleships like the Dauntless or Z9M9Z after all these were ships that could easy whip out a the whole solar system ... in a seconds.

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:47 pm

Although I agree with the almost unanimus appraisals of the contests in the Jagd's favor- one particular scenario was not brought up-

In a contest vs. the SDF-1,

The SDF-1 has the full barrier- if the Jagd could not penetrate that with anything short of a Buster- the Jagd might be lured into over-loading the barrier...- the resulting blast could prove quite disaterous.

This is probably the only scenario that might allow it to lose-

However- another opponant not originally considered which could seriously challange it.

Zeoryhmer-

With the dimensional coupler- the Zeorymer has utterly unlimited power and could concievably tap the power of the Jagd itself-

It can teleport instantaneously- no warm up time-

The Meoh Blast is probably equivalent to a Buster at least, and can probably be scaled up as needed.-

Like the Jagd- it requires 2 Pilots.. a genetically engineered 'human' pilot (whose maximum performance levels are not known) and an artificial one-who not only mentally links to the mecha- but literally becomes a part of it!-

Make you wonder...either way that contest would go, it would be fun to watch! ^_^

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:40 am

Yeah, Zeohrymer vs LED would be pretty good. Most of the Super Mecha would make for a good opponent for the LED. Dangaio, Getter Robo, Gaogaiger etc. They generally tend to be powerful enough to stand toe to toe with a Mortar Headd.

I could see the Gunbuster absolutely laying waste to Mortar Headds except for a LED class Mirage Machine and also depending on the Pilot and Fatima combo. (lets say, pair up Atropos with Max!) but I think the LED would still lose, it would just last a few seconds longer.
Shinei!