Volks MM Engage Octaver SR1 **Complete**

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

jinnai

Volks MM Engage Octaver SR1 **Complete**

Post by jinnai » Sat May 13, 2006 3:40 pm

3rd kit for the next two months.

WIP thread on HF isn't ready yet, so here's a teaser.

Last edited by jinnai on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:10 am

Work in progress thread is ready. I'll be updating it again tonight.

For now, click here for all the juicy information.

Last edited by jinnai on Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:06 am

Complete progress thread.

Ready for painting like the Gastness.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:18 am

Finally, more progress. (On 101 hours at work over the past two weeks.. today and tomorrow to go.)
You know, this must be the 10+ post you wrote here and there about the speed of progress. So I wonder, is Australia sinking?

The joy of miniature modelling is in the making of the kit, both in the thought and the technique of putting together each part, not in the completion of it. Once finished, and it sits on a display case, in a few mth., you won't care much about looking at it again.

Reading what you said from the above, assuming you need adequate sleep, that would mean you spent over 60% per 24 hr. to work on the kit.

And I'm not the only one who said this. Read page 3 of this thread, Kyy is one of the very best, you can see his work from this thread, and he essentially said the same thing.

http://forum.heavyarmourstudio.com/yabb ... 5847190/30
I used 1 week to complete this gun. Slow work is better than hurry. You can get more concentration on the work and most importantly, you can enjoy the making process.
Somethine else: Why are you posting the description of your progress on someone else web site? You know how easy it is for hacker to go in a forum and wipe out all mesg.?

Newsflash: Ezboard, 10100+ boards, w/i ea. board, about 10+ forums per board, 14 million members, ALL messages in ALL Boards wiped out in 1 night

You should have type out those text w/i ea. of your photo and saved in your photobucket.

And by the way, I can't believe you use Dremel like that. Who on earth does that? Haven't you heard of the flex shaft? You buy 2222 and the flex shaft, then invert hang your dremel. And make sure you don't bend the "Spring Cord" of the flex shaft, or else you would be in for a real surprise.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:02 pm

happy hopping wrote:
Finally, more progress. (On 101 hours at work over the past two weeks.. today and tomorrow to go.)
You know, this must be the 10+ post you wrote here and there about the speed of progress. So I wonder, is Australia sinking?

The joy of miniature modelling is in the making of the kit, both in the thought and the technique of putting together each part, not in the completion of it. Once finished, and it sits on a display case, in a few mth., you won't care much about looking at it again.

Reading what you said from the above, assuming you need adequate sleep, that would mean you spent over 60% per 24 hr. to work on the kit.

And I'm not the only one who said this. Read page 3 of this thread, Kyy is one of the very best, you can see his work from this thread, and he essentially said the same thing.

http://forum.heavyarmourstudio.com/yabb ... 5847190/30
I used 1 week to complete this gun. Slow work is better than hurry. You can get more concentration on the work and most importantly, you can enjoy the making process.
Somethine else: Why are you posting the description of your progress on someone else web site? You know how easy it is for hacker to go in a forum and wipe out all mesg.?

Newsflash: Ezboard, 10100+ boards, w/i ea. board, about 10+ forums per board, 14 million members, ALL messages in ALL Boards wiped out in 1 night

You should have type out those text w/i ea. of your photo and saved in your photobucket.

And by the way, I can't believe you use Dremel like that. Who on earth does that? Haven't you heard of the flex shaft? You buy 2222 and the flex shaft, then invert hang your dremel. And make sure you don't bend the "Spring Cord" of the flex shaft, or else you would be in for a real surprise.
I don't really need to explain myself to you of all people, but for once.. I think I will.

The joy I have in kit building is getting what I have done within the small amount of time I have. I've spent the past couple of years procrastinating over work and personal time, and this year I decided to shut up and actually do. For me, that ethic is better than not doing anything and questioning others on some anonymous board.

The SR1 assembly was actually slowly completed over a period of a month. I started on it before I posted the pictures. So it wasn't something I just suddenly did over the course of a couple of nights. It was well planned out and installed as I went along. Some nights I couldn't upload the pictures, as sleep was more important. And even after I finish, I will care about looking at it.

The progress thread is more for people that care about progress threads, those people who wish to LEARN about how to build something in particular. Images tell thousands of words.

I don't expect a modelling master such as yourself, with your countless years of experience and an extensive list of finished displayed kits available to express a similar interest in a WIP thread.

Comparing me to Kyy is irrelevant.

And if a hacker chooses to waste his time deleting my messages, then let him do it. I have everything already backed up, so it doesn't matter. And why a messageboard? Simple: free bandwidth. I'd rather not pay the insane amount of cash to do the same thing on a personal website. That's me playing smart.

My photobucket is full of images.

And so what if you can't believe I use my dremel like that? It's more comfortable to me. I don't own a flex shaft yet, I've been thinking about it, but I barely use the dremel to invest in the flex shaft, which is almost the same price as a new dremel down here. I'm sure plenty of people still use their dremel like how I do.

oh.. except a modelling master like yourself. :)

Please, do what most other people do: if you don't like, don't post. Simple.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:45 pm

flex shaft is regular price at around $48 here, but it was on sale last christmas for like $35. I forgot how much 2222 cost me. I don't have the same dremel as you do. A very similar one. I don't remember the price neither, probably $120.

I do remember that Dremel try to rip me off, they move their manfacturing line to Mexico and charge the same price. So at Home Depot, I said to the salesperson that I want the one on her display case, which is Made in USA, rather the ones on the shelf, which is made in Mexico. I pretty much bought the last one that's made in USA. :D
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:16 am

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:21 am

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 am

Finally some nice weather to take pictures of this..

Finished. :)

All finished pictures are here.

Thanks for looking. :)