Often Asked, Rarely Answered...

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

B4What

Often Asked, Rarely Answered...

Post by B4What » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:21 am

So, does anyone have any pictures of SSL? She's Maximum's fatima for the LED Mirage B4, in case that jogs the memory. The 'Maximum creation' thread is all well and good, but I'm still curious what she looks like. :)

SYL

Post by SYL » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:12 am

Hi,

Images of Solid State Logic can be found in the "F.S.S. Designs 1: A.K.D." art book.
Sorry I don't have any scanned images, but I need a new scanner.
Akadotretail.com still sells this comprehensive book.
Check out this link:

http://www.akadotretail.com/shop/shop_s ... 4048538810

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:01 am

I have pages I can scan for this fatima but text profiles motivate me. :)
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:04 am

There are three known Fatima suit designs that SSL wore.

The first one was the design common among the first 4 Fatimas.
It can be seen in the manga, along with her other sisters.

There is an Ice Dart style suit in the Plastic Style artbook.

The latest is the Decadent style (or what seems to be a D.S.) dress in the Designs 1:AKD book mentioned by SYL.

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:15 pm

Here they are :D

'First Four' Suit

Ice Dart Suit

Decadent Style(?) Suit

Note for the first picture:
-Though SSL is the 3rd Fatima, her appearence and suit design was identical to her sister Focuslite, who wore number 1 on her necktie.
-There are two spellings for Focuslite's name: Focuslight and Focuslite, but since her name comes from the musical instruments maker Focusrite, it really should be spelled with an R...but whatever.
-The First Four fatimas' names all come from studio electronics makers: can you name them all? 8)

B4What

Post by B4What » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Wait, SSL was in the manga? I thought her and Max had yet to appear? Or am I just way behind the times?

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the pics. You win the Internets! :D

SYL

Post by SYL » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:18 am

Yeah S.S.L. appeared in the manga before Chrome Ballanche gave Meeth Silver his theoritical info conerning Maximum.
In book #22 of the English translation, S.S.L. appears on page 22. Just check out the group shot of Lithium Ballanche's first four fatima.
If you going by the untranslated version, I'm basically talking about volume #9; somewhere in the middle.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:58 pm

hitori wrote: -There are two spellings for Focuslite's name: Focuslight and Focuslite, but since her name comes from the musical instruments maker Focusrite, it really should be spelled with an R...but whatever.
-The First Four fatimas' names all come from studio electronics makers: can you name them all? 8)
coincidently i've been reading abit on the names about a week ago. From Focusrite we can find Neve (Neeb) the founder. Solid State Logic and Intercity are easier to find. All of them are manufacturers in music industry from the 80s?. I know next to nothing about music (except enjoying them :P), so please correct me... :oops:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)