Vol 11 & 12

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Hydra Mirage

Vol 11 & 12

Post by Hydra Mirage » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:08 pm

I love the new Mortar Headd section
But why no info on Empress of Flames, the new Mirages (Hydro/B4) and Yen Xing ?
Are they AKD ?
Or is the Empress Flames/Yen Xing from the Stant Comet ?

Thanks in advance !

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:18 pm

Oh yeah...

and the Phantom ?

I'm sure there is a frame from vol.11 with the empress flame, the phantoms, the B4 and a few A-Tolls.
What's happening here ?
I'm sure some of them have AKD crosses somewhere as well.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:19 pm

I'm glad you like the preview section. We're going to try to launch the FSS section of this site soon. I'm not sure when it will be ready.

Nu Soard is better equipped to answer the questions on the origins of Empress Flame and Yen Xing.

I'm working on getting access to scan-able materials for the newer FSS designs. I'll post them up when I can.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Patience my friend, patience.

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:46 am

Hey Hydro!

Glad to hear you appreciate the pages we're working on.

As far as the MH's you've mentioned, they are all relatively new designs (1999 or later) and Tachyon is scanning the MH's from the books he posseses. The MH's you speak of appear in Plastics Style, Knight Flags and Smoke Walls. Tachyon has not yet scanned those books (I'm not even sure if he has them!). I have the aforementioned books to scan, but my scanner is not working currently. Take heart however, we do intend to cover ALL MH's before too long.

For now, what we want to do is scan the pics of all the "early" FSS characters (the one's that appear in Books 1-5 or so) and get the site up and functional. Then provide regular updates on a regular basis so that regular visitors to the website will have something to look forward to on a frequent (weekly?) basis.

Personally, I am very eager to get to these new MH's because I love their designs...Nagano has only gotten better and better over the decades...but first things first.

Glad to see your interested. Once the site is up, stop by frequently as we will be regularly updating it. Don't be afraid to let us know if there is something specific you would like to see us cover.

As far as the Empress Flame and Yen Xing is concerned; The Empress is the flag MH for Hathua Union Republic, and its current pilot is Dupre Zen Atoll (Kaien's son and twin brother to Magdoll Atoll). Its very powerful compared to other MH's, almost on the level of a Mirage Machine (Output between 1.5 and 1.7 Trillion Hp) I forget who the meight is, but I'll do the research on that when we're getting to that era.

The Yen Xing is not a MH, but a Machine Messiah, which was the mecha used during the Super Empire era that preceeded the Joker timeline. As seen in book 9, they are VERY powerful, though MH's posses the potential to surpass them (because of the fatima connection). They may very well show up during the Space War with the Stant Comet. Not sure about that though.

An interesting note: The LED Mirage MH is so much more powerful than other MH's that galaxy meights begin to classify it as a different machine altogether. The LED Mirage V2 "Inferno Napalm" is classified as a Mortar Messiah. Interesting, no?
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:39 am

WOW !
Thankyou so much for the info. I'd never have guessed Empress Flame was an A-Toll.
I have also notice the Engage Octaver has a Hathua flag on it... I assumed it would be Colus ?
I guess I'm most into the newer designs combined with the fact that English Translations of the first 5-6 books are already available.
I've never really been into the original LED mirages since they don't seem to appear in many battles. We are always just told that they are the best MH's in the galaxy.
I love the designs of the new Mirages and the new sirens.
Please, please, how do the B4, Hydra and Babiron Mirages come into the the story? - Is this even know yet ?

Thanks for your feedback !

PS. I have Knight flags. But what is Smoke Walls and Plastics Style like ?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:11 am

Knight Flags is Characters 10. Plastics Style is Characters 9 while Smoke Walls is Characters 11. Knight Flags has more pages than the other Characters books.

Plastics Style shows more characters than mortar headds but has some nice ones. Smoke Walls has a nice selection of new mortar headds and shows a schematic of how a mortar head is constructed.

Hope that helped!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:39 pm

I think I saw an image from Smoke Walls here...
A Colus Mecha, maybe a new Berlin ?
And a viscous looking scythe covered mecha.
Was that Smoke Walls ?

Hold that thought. I just did a search to try and buy it (not many hits, where do you guys buy online from ?)
I found a korean site with the whole index...
v.interesting
T-233
Siren R
Berlin SR2
Gastness Temple
Beautiful !
Also - 3030 MAJESTIC STAND BATTLE OF HATHUHA - this explains a lot !

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:52 pm

When you want to buy 5 Star Stories books the best source is often Kinokuniya book stores. Try Emailing sf@kinokuniya.com and asking them to order the book(s) you'd like to buy.

Also, www.hlj.com has a few FSS books but not many that are currently in stock.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:44 pm

Yeah, I've been buying my translations at the NY Kinokuniya book store.
But I didn't think they sold 'characters'...
Their web site is so bad. None of my searches work :-(

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:51 pm

I Email the Seattle store and ask for what I want. I usually get a reply in a day or 2 saying they can order it for me. They're pretty good about sending stuff.

It would be nicer if they were more serious about selling stuff on a Web site.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:43 pm

Hydro Mirage wrote:WOW !
Thankyou so much for the info. I'd never have guessed Empress Flame was an A-Toll.
I have also notice the Engage Octaver has a Hathua flag on it... I assumed it would be Colus ?
I guess I'm most into the newer designs combined with the fact that English Translations of the first 5-6 books are already available.
I've never really been into the original LED mirages since they don't seem to appear in many battles. We are always just told that they are the best MH's in the galaxy.
I love the designs of the new Mirages and the new sirens.
Please, please, how do the B4, Hydra and Babiron Mirages come into the the story? - Is this even know yet ?
The Engage Octaver was originally the flag MH for Colus built by Colus 21st (?). It was given over to the Melody family (Cousins to the Colus family) but when the Melody family fell into disgrace and they lost their lands and tittles, Arr Fortissimo Melody fled with the Engage. She is currently employed by Hathua as sword instructor to Dupre.

The LED Mirage haven't been seen in many battles yet (thus far only the final battle of the Colus/Hagooda war) but that era will be coming after the Majestic Stand is completed, then we should see the LED Mirage in action quite often!

The Mighty Series Mortar Headds: The Hydra, Babiron and Akatsuki Hime (aka LED B4) actually aren't Mirage Machines! They were the ultimate MH designs from ubermeight Dr. Diamond Neutral...one of the few meights who's design skill rivals Amaterasu's. However, the headdliners designated as pilots to the Mighty Series all happen to be Mirage Knights (Rognar to the Mighty Babiron, Jackos to the Hydra and Maximum to the B4). Amaterasu provided Dr. Neutral with LED Mirage engines to put in the Mighty Series, which is why they are considered Mirage Machines.

When Dr. Diamond was trying to decide who to give his Mighty MH's to, he stated he wanted the pilots to be "crazy Headdliners". The type of HL who attacks his foe without any consideration for defense. Well Rognar, Jackos and Max all fit that description...
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:26 pm

That's a great story.
I love how Nagano engrains his designs with history.
I think the new Mirages are great but they looked so different, so it makes sense they were design by someone else (in the story) - great !

OK. On to vol.11....
So, and I'm totally guessing here, Fillmore invades Both ? This explains the siren / ashura temple battle. But who are the Hathua Republic fighting (cone heads) with Vatsu in tow ?
And finally, there is a whole battle with mecha I have NO CLUE about.
Jasturcurck (Samurai mech from knight flags) versus the T-233 from Smoke Walls and the Phantom. Where is the Phantom from ? Is it also a new Mirage ?

PS.Thankyou both for clearing up so much already !

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:52 am

Okay Hydro, this is going to be a sizable post. You see, there is a LOT of background building up to Volumes 11+ (the Majestic Stand chapter). It actually began back in Volume 6!

In volume 6 there was a flashback scene with a Sorceror named Vosdjasforth who challenged Sop's mother for the leadership of the Divers Guild. Vos almost defeated Sop's mother, but Sop intervened, using a forbidden diver skill called the Seventh Fall which sends opponents straight to some unknown hell-dimension. Sop's mother stopped him and quickly finished off Vos and scolded Sop telling him that he shouldn't send any human beings to another universe.

Remember the Emperor Rescue Mission where the diver Di Barrow was looking for the LED Dragon's Water of Life? Well, it turns out Di Barrow was actually being mentally influenced by Vosdjasforth and at the end of book 8, Vos managed to get ahold of a small amount of the Water of Life...enough to bring him back to life (he was a disembodied spirit) and boost his diver powers significantly.

Well, from that point forward, Vos began working toward world domination and getting his revenge on the Amaterasu family. He took over Seable, the country that diver Di Barrow ruled and began to expand his power base. His nation is now quite powerful, called Magic Kingdom Bughtama. Vos began to put out a call for any and all Headdliners who wanted fame and glory and of course, they flocked to his call.

In book 10, Vosdjasforth had balls enough to attack Float Temple directly, along with Beauty Veil (another powerful Diver and Mel Zoom's mom) and the new Black Knight, Decors Weissmel. The purpose of this attack was to incite Amaterasu into joining the coming war on Both. Amaterasu did not take the bait...the AKD forces are forbidden to interfere with the war on Both...but he does not plan to sit idle.

Now for Vosdjasforth to successfully take over Both, he has to get rid of Hathua, for they are the largest super-power on Both. Apparently he has made an alliance with Mejojo (another Both Super-power) and possibly Jasturkurck (but I'm not certain about that).

Fillmore comes into the picture because they and Hathua are allies. Also, the leaders of the Fillmore empire are aware of the instabilities of Kallamity and that it was only a matter of time before the planet is incapable of supporting life, so they are making a (secret) move to put forces in place on Both (in Hathua and/or Bughtama) to begin moving their population from Fillmore. Kolbalken may have the same agenda, but they appear to be abstaining from the war itself. Colus forces have moved on Both because #1 Word has reached them that the Symbol of Colus Engage Octaver SR1 is in the employ of Hathua and they plan to get it back and #2 Saylay wants revenge for the death of her father, which are indirectly the fault of Fillmore and Hathua, since both nations gave Hagooda aid in the Colus/Hagooda war back in 2989.

Complicated isn't it.

So we have a war of HUGE proportions...an interstellar equivalent to WWII.

The T-233 seem to be associated with the Rainbow Boowray mercs from the Colus/Hagooda war (which were manned by Fillmore HL's) because the ship that deployed them had the symbol of the Boowray painted on its side.

The Phantom is a specialty MH from Fillmore, given to the greatest Fillmore Headdliners. There are only 3 in existance, each one a different color (Red, White and Black).
The pilots are as follows:
Red= Ena Dai Gu Fillmore (the current Emperor's grandma)
White= Naias Brunhilde (the "Blache Knight" of Fillmore)
Black= Madra Moirai (aka "Spark" from Green Left Mirages)

Even though Madra/Spark isn't a Fillmore HL, she is related to Ena Dai Gu Fillmore on her father's side (both being descendants of Nekandra Swans, the last Super Empire Chivalry) thus she is entrusted with the Black Phantom.

The opening battles of the Majestic Stand are:

Bughtama vs Hathua's Ap Knights
Fillmore vs Mejojo
Rainbow Boowrey (T-233) vs ???????

The T-233's are obviously allied with Fillmore (most likely they are Fillmore knights in disguise) because they were fighting alongside Naias Brunehilde in her Phantom.

Information overload, I know. Its a lot to cover. I hope I didn't confuse you more...
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:46 am

Thankyou ! Thankyou ! Thankyou !

This makes waiting for the English translations so much more bearable.

Vos starts a war against Amaterasu without the AKD ? Bizzare.

So the Black Phantom is with the AKD ?
There is that beautiful frame near the beginning of Vol.11 with Empress Flame, B4, Phantom and some A-toll's. Yet only the A-tolls are in the battle so far. Plus the Phantom has an AKD cross on it's shield. I can't wait to see them in Battle ! I guess this is vol.12

Thankyou so much for you labours !

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:15 pm

Hydro Mirage wrote:Thankyou ! Thankyou ! Thankyou !

This makes waiting for the English translations so much more bearable.

Vos starts a war against Amaterasu without the AKD ? Bizzare.
Well, he tried to get the AKD into the war, but Amaterasu didn't take the bait. However, he is sending some Mirage Knights to both covertly to give aid whenever and wherever they can. For example, in book 12 Spaccorn saves Princess Magdall and her bodyguard Haird Grover from Bughtama trackers.
So the Black Phantom is with the AKD ?
Kinda. Since Spark is a Mirage Knight, it is technically alligned with the AKD, but it is considered a Siren.
There is that beautiful frame near the beginning of Vol.11 with Empress Flame, B4, Phantom and some A-toll's. Yet only the A-tolls are in the battle so far. Plus the Phantom has an AKD cross on it's shield. I can't wait to see them in Battle ! I guess this is vol.12
I can see this scene being confusing. The beginning of volume 11 is a scene thats actually happening at the end of the Majestic Stand, which means we probably won't see the full resolution of that scene until book 13 or possibly book 14 if Nagano decides to drag out the Majestic Stand chapter that long. (remember, the Emperor Rescue Mission took 3 books) It takes place in 3070. Then on page 22 it skips back to the present (3030) and the opening battle of Hathuhunt. In 3030 Spark has not yet been awarded the Black Phantom, Dupre isn't quite old enough to go into battle, so the Empress of Flame is not involved and Maximum; the pilot of the LED B4, isn't even born yet (he's in Meeth's womb still).
Thankyou so much for you labours !
No problem at all! You kinda remind me of myself when I was first delving into the world of FSS and I had all kinds of questions. I still have many questions myself, and fortunately, the English versions are answering many of those :)

Got my volumes 21 and 22 on order!!! (Japanese book 9)

Woo hoo!
Shinei!