something new, non FSS from Nagano?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:06 am

Oh, and let me make a prediction.
I predict that...THERE WILL BE A GOLD CLAD ROBOT!
There, I said it. 8)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 am

This sounds like an alternate reality that Nagano can simply make yet another part of the FSS megaverse as a whole....
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:41 am

The problem with CG I guess is to keep a constant quality. Yukikaze has some pretty good CG, but in the final episode (5th OAV), the quality goes down a bit (which may be due to budget only :wink: ).
I can't remember the CG of Macross Zero, I think it was pretty good, but can't remember.

Anyway I guess there are ways to use handmade anime-style textures, render the object with self-illumination (=no shadows) then add the shadows by hand (or computer) to avoid the many artefact occuring with "automatic" toon shaders. So in that case CG is more used to keep a good geometry of complex objects like a plane/mecha, than to get the final render.
Then again, the cost has to be considered :wink:

A shame it doesn't seem to be linked to FSS (as far as we can tell).
Talking about a gold clad robot, he could've elaborate on Lachesis' travel for instance.

Oh well, we'll see how it turns out^^

KensaiMax

Post by KensaiMax » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:20 pm

You guys have to be kidding. This looks amazing, especially the part about it being entirely traditionally-animated. There's too much bad CGI in anime nowadays to save on production costs.

It's not quite FSS the anime, but there is no cause for bitching.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:13 am

Personally I think its a beta-test to see if FSS would make for a good animation. For many years people have said that FSS wouldn't be possible to do in animation due to the details of both the plot and its mecha, but I think due to today's advances in animation technology, its very possible.
Shinei!

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:50 pm

This sounds really exciting and at the same time... kinda a let down? Nagano is gonna be super busy with this project now, FSS will probably be on the backburner for awhile.

Kinda unrelated and offtopic... but not really. Has anyone seen the Count of Monte Cristo anime, Gankutsu Ou? The animation style used there with CG 2D is really cool and unconventional. If they use that technology in this new Gothicmade-anime I am sure it would be awesomely brilliant. Granted, that style maybe too artsy for some people but I think it would suit Naganos style perfectly.

Complaints about "Zomg too much CG in todays anime!" always makes me :roll: . Its here to stay, might as well make it worthwhile and creative since AFAIK all anime today are "digital produced" more or less.

GON

more GTM

Post by GON » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:53 pm

GTM on Newtype cover :

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B0 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg

I can't wait anymore !!

errol

Post by errol » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:22 pm

I think I agree with Nu on this one. He wouldn't want to be working out all the bugs with his baby(FSS), or it turn out to be a flop due to complexity. Although I'm suprised to hear a traditional animation, I thought I read somewhere in the past of him commenting on silicon chips rendering huge robot armies or somehting to that effect. Mos def' will be interesting. I also agree it's not good for FSS in the short term.

Norsehound

Post by Norsehound » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:27 pm

Any other scans, GP? Or is this all we have to go on...

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Mon May 29, 2006 5:36 am

Here's a thought: Is Nagamo abandoning FSS, and move on this Gothic Made series?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon May 29, 2006 7:50 am

happy hopping wrote:Here's a thought: Is Nagamo abandoning FSS, and move on this Gothic Made series?
Of course not. Nagano is still working on his FSS Designs books getting ready for the next 3 or 4 chapters of the massive saga. He's just taking another one of his famous breaks.
Shinei!

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Mon May 29, 2006 8:00 am

Using traditional animation over CG has 100% support from me.

I look forward to this series.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon May 29, 2006 12:24 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
happy hopping wrote:Here's a thought: Is Nagamo abandoning FSS, and move on this Gothic Made series?
Of course not. Nagano is still working on his FSS Designs books getting ready for the next 3 or 4 chapters of the massive saga. He's just taking another one of his famous breaks.
heh :roll: that's what he "says".... and recently an announcement regarding Designs 2 that it will be released "within this year"... I hope he's not running out of creative juice.

I think we wont see new FSS serialization for 2 or more years :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed May 31, 2006 12:51 am

Rubel Colus wrote:
heh :roll: that's what he "says".... and recently an announcement regarding Designs 2 that it will be released "within this year"... I hope he's not running out of creative juice.
Thats why he breaks like this. Get some rest from the Joker universe and reboot. Of course, whenever he does this FSS seems to go in a new direction....(he gets new ideas when he's on vacation and wants to add them)
Like we haven't dealt with that before...
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed May 31, 2006 3:31 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Like we haven't dealt with that before...
yeah, really hope he come back to FSS sooner :?

The longest break he ever had was 1 year - that was in 2000, juz before Maj stand. He stopped serialization for 1 n half yrs already (n counting) ... :|
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)