Speaking of huge StarShips (Macross / Starwars) dimensions..

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

retroborg

Speaking of huge StarShips (Macross / Starwars) dimensions..

Post by retroborg » Tue May 16, 2006 9:57 pm

Speaking of large star ship (Macross/Robotech Type) dimensions...

http://www.merzo.net/

This site is intended to allow science fiction fans to get an impression of the true scale of their favourite science fiction spacecraft by being able to compare ships across genres, as well as being able to compare them with contemporary objects with which they are probably familiar.

Apparently, it turns out that the Macross SDF-1 Fortress isn’t as massive as it looks in the series, especially compared to some of the other Starwars ships or Zendraedi flagships. Even the Trade Federation carrier droid battleship is larger!
I wonder how they managed to fit a city of 60000 people inside the SDF-1 it?!

Surprisingly, the Bodolza/ Zentraedi Mobile Command Base, is much larger than the Star Wars Death Star II!
But what I find shocking is Unicron’s size! In the grid he looks larger than Bodolza’s Command Base, the Death Stars & the ID4 mother-ship put together!
Also, I never new that the ID4 Mothership was Mushroom shaped!

By far, it's the best site of its kind!
It would have been perfect if it had the Starwars Trade federation (Invisible Hand), Techno Union & Banking Class star ships.

These images are not the right scale by the way, they should be viewed in the gridded home site.

And here are some impressive Star Trek Ships schematics:

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/ ... _2002.html

Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts
(“Super Star Destroyers”)
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue May 16, 2006 10:10 pm

Interesting... but why is this in the FSS section?

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Wed May 17, 2006 1:32 am

it would be interesting to see a pic of The Will in scale with the other ships.

retroborg

Post by retroborg » Wed May 17, 2006 6:30 am

What is "The Will" what movie is it from?
Links?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed May 17, 2006 8:19 am

oh, I've been to this site recently, very interesting indeed.

in fact the SDF-1 with its small size, its quite impossible to have 70,000 civilians and a total of 86,000 including crew and military personnel.
Zoxesyr wrote:it would be interesting to see a pic of The Will in scale with the other ships.
The Will (Amaterasu's flagship) is only 3+km in length, so it'll be juz a bit smaller than the Zentradi flagship, whilst the flagship for the Empress of Flame is 90km!!~ :shock:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed May 17, 2006 10:13 am

Rubel Colus wrote:The Will (Amaterasu's flagship) is only 3+km in length, so it'll be juz a bit smaller than the Zentradi flagship, whilst the flagship for the Empress of Flame is 90km!!~ :shock:
Good point. That sure puts the Super Empire's technical achievements into perspective. I'd bet that the Empress Flame could single handedly take out both the death star AND unicron. :D

I don't mean to nitpick, but the english volumes had the Empress Flame's flagship at 75km. Is this another discrepancy between the english and japanese versions?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed May 17, 2006 11:58 am

oops... bad memory.. :oops:

its 75km :wink: but its crazy... its length is greater than the island city where i come from... (in fact almost 2 x the island's length...)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed May 17, 2006 12:21 pm

You should get yourself a bigger island... like mine, for instance. It's fairly large. :wink:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri May 19, 2006 6:13 am

The Jagd could take out Unicron!

Then again, Unicron would probably just eat the Jagd and absorb its technology. That would be bad.
Shinei!

retroborg

Post by retroborg » Fri May 19, 2006 7:19 am

elemental wrote:You should get yourself a bigger island... like mine, for instance. It's fairly large. :wink:
:D :D

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun May 21, 2006 9:39 am

I can scan images for The Will but they will be black and white (unless someone can point out color images to me). If someone could write a Will profile it would help.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun May 21, 2006 10:54 pm

Yeah, we need to get The Will, The Belle Creal and other starships of FSS scanned. Now that the majority of MH's are done (with the exception of a few of the more obscure ones) thats something we can look into doing in the near future.
Shinei!