G-Sys LED Addler 3960 w'flm/boomrng unit.Request book list

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

klingon

G-Sys LED Addler 3960 w'flm/boomrng unit.Request book list

Post by klingon » Fri May 12, 2006 4:26 pm

I have just aquired a 1/100 G-System L.E.D.Mirage,with Flame launcher and Boomerang unit.
Would you kindly list all depictions of this mech wether in comic,art or hobby magsl.I want to research this and have a nasty prediliction to want to nuasiatingly detail stuff.
The instructions don't indicated what the little bead packet is for nor does it show where to mount the small wire piece.I also seem to recall a small fringed part draping from the Boomerang unit.That doesn't seem to be present.in the kit.I paid 200.00 for it.

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri May 12, 2006 9:14 pm

Unfortunately there isn't much reference material for this design. It's never appeared in the manga, and there's only 1 or 2 partial pieces of artwork of it in the FSS artbooks.

So you'll have to rely more on photos of the various models. Of course, there's TONS of reference material for the base LED Mirage unit... just not much reference for the flame unit and flight pack add on parts.

The beads are probably for use with the series of chains that hang off the bottom/back of the flame unit. There's a series of chains that should hang from the bottom/back of the flame unit (probably the fringe you are thinking of), and there should be a bead at the end of each chain. You may need to go buy some fine chain if the kit doesn't provide it...

Not sure about the wire. The LED Boomerang actually has a couple... There should be a thick cable/hose that connects the flame launcher to the flame unit fuel tank on the back of the LED Mirage, and there's a skinny cable that runs along the bottom of the flame launcher (the long gun-type part).

I might be able to dig up some model reference photos later on, but right now my PC is acting up and I'm busy trying to back up my data so I can format HD and reinstall my OS.

In the meantime, I think Cody's Coop website had some pics up of the Wave plastic LED Mirage w/ Boomerang Unit. That might be a good place to start looking. I don't remember the URL, but you should be able to find it by searching the name in Google.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sat May 13, 2006 12:51 am

The Boomerang unit is depicted on the cover of Mirage and ther is an illustration of it unfurled in Joker 3100.

klingon

Post by klingon » Sat May 13, 2006 3:37 am

Thanks .In keeping with my nausiating detail theory, how would you suggest I depict differing plates ala Martin Bower, actually etching or using a pencil.maybe an aztec type deal?
Hi Coby I'm also Krithargus and KLINGON CAV.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat May 13, 2006 10:03 am

klingon wrote:Thanks .In keeping with my nausiating detail theory, how would you suggest I depict differing plates ala Martin Bower, actually etching or using a pencil.maybe an aztec type deal?
Hi Coby I'm also Krithargus and KLINGON CAV.
Oh.... talking about adding detail that isn't present in the actual design? I'm not really sure that the same kind of aztec panel stuff you see on a U.S.S. Enterprise kit would really look all that great here...