WSC Gastness-Finished!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Fri May 05, 2006 11:11 am

KOG wrote:Hah, so you got one of these too? For some reason I thought you didn't like buying WSC stuff...

Anyways, I got mine about a week ago from HLJ. Pretty pleased with it. After hearing about your broken part, I'm feeling pretty thankful that my head part is intact.

I was going to try to take some parts photos too, but it sounds like you'll beat me to it. Foot detail is not super exciting eh? But some areas are pretty nice, like the waist.

Will we be seing you build this soon?

I also got my Flamberge from Celga last week, and surprisingly, I'm actually a bit more impressed with that. My expectations were a bit low, but it turned out to be quite a nice kit after all. Very nice underfoot detailing (not as crazy as something like Luminous of course, but still better than what we normally see from WSC), and the knee joint detail was actually quite nice too. Some have suggested that the Flamberge might be a subpar WSC offering, but I'll definitely disagree after looking at my copy. Should look VERY nice next to WSC ashura.

So jinnai... if you DO sell that GSYS Twin Tower... give me a heads up. :P
I like SOME WSC stuff.. Schpeltor, Jagd, A-Toll, SR3.. then there are WSC renditions that I absolutely despise, like Empress, SR1 and Bang Doll..

And since no-one else, save the FAC kit, has done a Gastness, plus it was 19,000 with the early bird, I couldn't resist.

Even though most of the detailing is quite plain, it's actually a slight relief to be able to peform a wash on some of the detailing, notably underfoot. I spend more time on getting the raised feet detailing on the backside of Volks sculpting right that sometimes it wears me out a little. Gastness's plain underfoot detailing is perfect.

Yes, I will be working on this VERY soon. Perhaps sooner than you think..

Dislikes of this kit include the "star" raised detailing on some areas is quite shallow, making it hard to mask/handpaint. Detail is somewhat lacking in some areas.. but that's just me prefering Volks over WSC. Of course, my biggest pet peeve with WSC is their fatter, smaller torso, and once again on Gastness this is quite prominent. :(

But number one complain I have right now with this kit is the lack of surface area around the knee joint for fix posing the kit. It's so small.. it's like they deliberately made this kit so the knee was bent, as the instructions say. Neither my left leg, or right leg sit flush. They wobble.

However, the biggest gem on this kit for me is simply that rather large chest piece. That threw me quite off. While we'd see a multipart cast from Volks, I think WSC did a fantastic job of casting and sculpting this part up. It's quite big in my eyes, plenty of detail, and, on my copy, and from initial inspection, lacks a mold line. I'm sure there is one there, but it is so damn faint I can barely see a thing.

Regarding ditching my G-Sys WSC recast Twin Tower, that would all depend on me having the cash for an original first.. and having that original fall into my lap..

sharky

Post by sharky » Fri May 05, 2006 4:51 pm

Gustness?????? :?
Those Japanese spelling.....

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sat May 06, 2006 9:07 am

Nathan, want to take Flamberge pictures for us then instead of the Gastness, since I have that covered?

I want to see this knee joint.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat May 06, 2006 10:42 am

Why don't you return the broken part and ask them to mail you a replacement part? You are entitle to it, and they certainly has spare parts?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sat May 06, 2006 11:04 pm

happy hopping wrote:Why don't you return the broken part and ask them to mail you a replacement part? You are entitle to it, and they certainly has spare parts?
Because the broken part is only 2mm long? Because that's all that snapped off?

Not worth the hassle.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon May 08, 2006 3:21 pm

jinnai wrote:Nathan, want to take Flamberge pictures for us then instead of the Gastness, since I have that covered?

I want to see this knee joint.
I'll try to get some photos taken/posted once I clear up the mess that my PC is in...

(my home PC crashed completely and I'm trying to get all my files backed up before I format and reinstall the OS)