Xeku-Zwei
No votes

Total votes: 1

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sentinel Site Feedback

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:22 pm

I'm working this week on the intro and Zodiac page of the Gundam Sentinel section. This poll asks which mobile suit [from Sentinel] should I cover next?

Please vote only once.
Last edited by Tachyon on Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:08 pm

Tachyon,the Z Plus series would be my choice.However,if you can find any,I haven't yet :( ,line art for the Plan 303E Deep Striker,from Sentinel Variations,would be my dream choice.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:52 pm

Thanks for voting and letting me know what you'd like to see.

The Deep Striker is a tough one. I only have one lineart image of it. It's in the Designs & Products book and it's rough-looking and has 2 gaps in it. I can put it up but I wish I had a cleaner one. I have 2 color illustrations but they are both 2 page spreads and it will take me some time to knit them together in Photoshop. I have plenty of color model photos.

I'll start work on it but it won't be sooner than this weekend that you'll see anything.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:23 am

I got my CD back from the print/graphics shop. They have a massive scanner and ran it on a foldout poster of a large model photo of the Deep Striker. I also got one of the 2 page spreads scanned in. I should have time tomorrow to remove the creases in Photoshop.

kosh

A scan of the Deep Striker

Post by kosh » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:07 pm

You made a scan of the Deep Striker! :D A million squared praises be upon you Tachyon.That's the one unit that every Sentinel fan loves yet,to my knowledge and countless searches,no one seems to have made a decent line art of.I am currently working on a line art of the Deep Striker,but it's only about 40 to 50% accurate overall,I'm using 4 or 5 different images for reference(GFF toy image and some CG art I found on a Japanese site)when I get it done I'll post it in the fan art forum.Again though,many thanks for the Deep Striker,can't wait to see it.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:21 pm

You know what would be great? Take the lineart image I have of the Deep Striker and, comparing it to the color illustration, repair the ugly gap in it.

It'll be a few days at least before I have the Deep Striker's page up but I'll load the images online and drop the link info here on the message board.

I have another color illustration of the Deep Striker but I need some time to scan it and knit the 2 halves together.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:55 pm

Tachyon,I,ve got a CG image of the Deep Striker I found on a Japanese site,it's in the classic left angle view of MS illustrations.Would you like me to E-mail it to you,so you can see if it would be helpful aswell?
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:38 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/images/preview/deep3.jpg
http://www.gearsonline.net/images/preview/deep2.gif

Those are 2 Deep Striker images. The trouble with them is, to make them a decent file size for online you have to shrink them down so much that you can't see the head too well. I haven't finished cleaning up the model photo yet.

Yeah, Email me that image. I'm curious to take a look.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:49 pm

Tachyon,you made my evening with those two Deep Striker images. :D That CG Deep Striker should be in your e-mail box now,it's drawn at a completely different angle,shows more of the front.Looks like you could use the colored jpg to finish out the black and white gif,it appears to be the same image,ones just in color and a different format.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:52 pm

What I really need now is text discussing the Deep Striker. Or a translator that works cheap.

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:36 am

Tachyon,in the Fan Art Forum you said you had the MSG in UC-0099 Moon Crisis manga,does it have a decent picture of the MSZ-006> Zeta Prompt?The only image I can find of this particular suit is at MAHQ and it's not really suitable for clean up as a line art.As I'm trying to get a line art of every member of the Zeta family,any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advanced.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:49 pm

I flipped through both volumes of that manga this weekend and didn't find any images other than that Grand Zeong that are good candidates for scanning. However, it shouldn't be too tough to find an image of it that can be scanned without tearing up the book. I'll check when I get home today.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:24 pm

I need some help with this. I see 2 Z Gundam looking mobile suits in this manga and I don't have a clear name for either one. You're asking for the MSZ-006> Zeta Prompt. Is that the one with the glass thing sticking out of its forehead or is it the one with the double gold antenna?

kosh

Post by kosh » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:12 am

I'm going to take a chance and say it's the one with the glass thing in its forehead.The image at MAHQ doesn't show a double antenna,that one sounds like the Z Plutionius or one of the Z Plus Zetas that made a cameo in the manga.Thanks for looking that up,I didn't know it would be such a challenge to find good line art for the Zeta family when I started this "little" project.BTW,I've got the MSZ-007 Zeta Rapire in clean up right now,ought to have it done in a few days,I'll post it in Fan Art when I get it done.
Do you understand?

kosh

Post by kosh » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:06 am

Just had the chance to look at the Gundam Sentinel Gallery and it looks great.I'm still waiting to order my copy of the photonovel and the images make me want to get the order out sooner than I should.Anyway,I can hardly wait to see more.
Do you understand?