The Late Junchoon

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Late Junchoon

Post by Tachyon » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:28 pm

For the Late Junchoon I only have model kit photos and 2 models disagree on how it looks! Is one more authoritative than the other? Is it all just conjecture? What's a Web admin to do?

I'm going to include photos of both Late Junchoons in the Junchoon MH profile and take one down if I learn it's less official with Nagano.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

KOG

Re: The Late Junchoon

Post by KOG » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:31 pm

Tachyon wrote:For the Late Junchoon I only have model kit photos and 2 models disagree on how it looks! Is one more authoritative than the other? Is it all just conjecture? What's a Web admin to do?

I'm going to include photos of both Late Junchoons in the Junchoon MH profile and take one down if I learn it's less official with Nagano.
Is this for your profile of Late Junchoon? It DID have a small appearance in the manga, in the fight with with KOG AT...

sharky

Re: The Late Junchoon

Post by sharky » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:29 pm

[quote="KOG]
Is this for your profile of Late Junchoon? It DID have a small appearance in the manga, in the fight with with KOG AT...[/quote]
This one, right:

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:00 am

Yes, im quite sure that is the only time we have seen it illustrated, unless there is some kind of extra one hiding in a ToJ book.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:33 am

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of.

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:27 am

I also think that scene is the only time the Last Junchoon has been pictured.
Every one of its models contain sculptors' creative interpretation. :D

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:40 pm

I can't remember exactly where it is- but their is another pic of the last Junchoon from the FSS manga- chronologically - it occurs after the fight with the KOG-

In the frame above- it would appear that the MH's pretty much destroy each other- (when I first saw it- it was enough to convince me that both were destroyed- I used this a starting point for a an FSS inspired RPG- set in the distant future from known events)

Ihave seen a frame in a later volume which shows the Junchoon - heavily wounded, but intact- standing erect and still. nearly a direct front view if I remember the pic- (it has been a long time since I've seen it-) I think it was in a somewhat recent New Type issue- (within the last couple of years-) and it may not be in a complied volume yet.

If these 2 views are a little different in terms of detail- that may explain the sculting differences-

Also- most of the differences, (other than color) appear to be pieces of additional armor- many of which are clearly knocked off in the fight shown above (most notable- the tailbone spire)

The sculpts may be a sort of "before and after" without the battle damage or represent a bare frame and fully loaded version-

Considering how different many of the MH look from one armor layout to the next- I don't see any need to delete either version- perhaps label one or another as an "alternate" when more concrete info is available.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:51 pm

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the first appearance of the Engage Octaver?

I have manga vol 1-11(JP), and have seen most of the recent new type stuff... and I don't remember any more Last Junchoon appearances.

I think the KOG AT/Last Junchoon mutual destruction was pretty much a 'set in stone' story detail...

If someone can provide a scan that says otherwise... I'd be interested indeed.

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:42 am

i thought Late Junchoon and Last Junchoon are different??

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:22 am

I lied.
This is also a picture of the Last Junchoon. :D

from FSS Outline

I used to have a high res scan of this image without the text, but can't find it any more.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:09 am

hitori wrote:I lied.
This is also a picture of the Last Junchoon. :D

from FSS Outline

I used to have a high res scan of this image without the text, but can't find it any more.
Whoa. I've never seen that before. I... don't think I like it. I like the one from the manga illustration better...

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:11 pm

That one is pretty - but it is not the image I'm thinking of-

It was a manga image in B/W - it shows the Junchoon standing with a huge, gaping hole in the torso near the waist- nearly 1/2 of the trunk of the MH is gone-

I remember likening the image to one of the mecha that A-ko literally kicks through in Project A-ko. the hole looked like a nearly perfect circle.

Since I only ever saw the image once, it is possible that I mistook another unit for the Junchoon- but the specific detail of the battle damage really led me to believe that it was that Junchoon.

Since I never actually owned the source of the image, I can't show the image that I'm trying to remember- I probably saw it in an actual NewType magazine or saw it scans from a NT. Wish I could remember.

Ah the ever-lasting mystery of FSS!

If anyone can figure out which image I'm thinking of, please let me know. I'd like to see it again. ^_^