1/35 kit at Hobbyfan on sale

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Henry

1/35 kit at Hobbyfan on sale

Post by Henry » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:30 am

As the title suggested, they are slashing the price for the kit. It is at 1/3? of what I pay for. although mine was original, still that is a really good deal. And both kits are awesome.

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:17 pm

I was tempted Henry - for some time. But at the end of the day, I just cannot justify spending that amount of money on a single kit.

I wish I could afford it. But if I wanted something that large.. I'd probably be better off scratch building one.

Still....

Henry

arr...

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:50 am

Vincent Valentine wrote:I was tempted Henry - for some time. But at the end of the day, I just cannot justify spending that amount of money on a single kit.

I wish I could afford it. But if I wanted something that large.. I'd probably be better off scratch building one.

Still....
When you see how big the kit is, it does make sense that one single kit will cost that much. The shipping of my kit itself costs about $100US each. For someone in US, it costs $16 only to ship! And with those details and superb proportions, I find it totally worth it. I believe the price came down only because people's focuses today tend to swift towards the semi-transparent stuff. I welcome the attempt of doing new things. But seeing the kits in person, they are cool but never able to strike me as much as the 1/35s. I have the chance to see the transparent guys and two 1/35 KOGs over my trip in HK. Please correct me if I am wrong, the transparent kit, sometimes, I am not quite sure what I am looking at. Because it is transparent. The lines, surface details just don't come out very clearly. And if they do, then probably the transparency is kind of vanish. I have both the V.3 anyways.
But yeah, the 1/35s' impact is just overwhelming. To me, they're still the prime of the crop.

afterall, just why are they making kits bigger? may be they are more attractive when they are bigger. then, why do people forget about we have the 1/35s and downgraded them in our minds? it's all trend of the year.

Scratch build probably costs you even more too. in materials, let alone labour.

I think I tend to find legend when i look back in 20 years. yuk! :oops:

natsukage

Post by natsukage » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:25 am

just to add,

A video of the build-up of the Original Volks 1/35 KOG was posted at another board http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=8171

The KOG 1/35 really interests me especially after watching the video ~_~ if I wasn't paying for closing costs for a new house next month I'd probably grab it =(

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:54 am

THat link to Heavy Armor Studio, the fonts are so small, it's like an eye exam. Is it my browser or does other member also see very small fonts?

Anyhoo, what other software view Google video player besides google video player? Can Real Player or some other software view google video player format?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

zchen

Post by zchen » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:39 pm

:?

This offer really has me tempted, I may actually break my own restrictiong of never paying more than $250 for a single kit. But I can only afford to get either LED Mirage or the KOG. Both being my favorites I just can't decided. what do you guys think? if I can only get 1, should it be the LED or the KOG?

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:55 pm

A lot of the best kits are over $250 :D

Looks like Gee (whiz) System is pluggin' away at a 1/35 Patriarch... I wonder if it'll be based on the Volks KOG?

Speaking of which, WTF ever happened to that 1/35 Bang Doll project? I remember seeing the promo for it and then zip.
John F. Moscato

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:19 am

Maybe you mean the 1/48 Bang, John?

Well, if I had the time, scratch build may or may not be expensive. Depends on the material used. One could easily start with hard foam, for instance. But that's all hypothetical.

I'm mighty tempted, mind you. I appreciate these kits for their size and level of detail. Well, kit rather. I rather dislike the 1/35 LED because of the way the head and face have been handled. Even the ancient 1/100 WAVE plastic kit has a better head than that - no scratch that, I've seen Kaiyodo 1/100 Vinyl models more respectable looking. (I guess that answers that fellow's question on which to get)

I appreciate the time they put into it, and it seems that even the eyes may have a clear cast part or two to allow for lighting. I greatly look forward to it.

For me - it's the expense. I don't live in USA, but shipping probably won't be more than 40 USD, I hope. About 500 CAD for a kit that is great, but may just sit there forever. In the two years that I've moved down to this bum-hole, I haven't completed a single kit!

I'd love a big-scale KOG though. Schpeltor is my preference, but the KOG is very, very nice even still....

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:48 am

zchen wrote::?

This offer really has me tempted, I may actually break my own restrictiong of never paying more than $250 for a single kit. But I can only afford to get either LED Mirage or the KOG. Both being my favorites I just can't decided. what do you guys think? if I can only get 1, should it be the LED or the KOG?
There is no FSS GK less than $250, unless you only buy recast.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

when you buy a pet:

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:00 am

happy hopping wrote:There is no FSS GK less than $250, unless you only buy recast.
That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

zchen

Post by zchen » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:17 am

I don't think I wrote Yen 250.. :D

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:09 am

natsukage wrote:just to add,

A video of the build-up of the Original Volks 1/35 KOG was posted at another board http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=8171
Even if you were to spray a cockroach w/ Raider, you wouldn't spray it like the way they did at the beginning of the movie. If you just listen to the sound effect of the spray and then look at the size of that spray, you would think they are trying to kill a genetically mutated cockroach.

And the guy who did all the spraying, where's his mask w/ such heavy spray? I wouldn't be surprise he's dead due to cancer.

What's the size of the paint particle from that heavy spray? The same size as the cancer cell in that guy's body.

when you buy a pet:

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:30 pm

Well, my WSC Gastness just shipped from HLJ, and guess what... it only cost me 19000 yen. Even with shipping added on top, it's still well under $250. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

elemental

Post by elemental » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:16 am

Heh...

My Volks Fatima Megaira cost less than 7000 yen. Some of the old Wave 1:144 resins were around that price too. Much less than $250.

I'm not sure if my cockroaches have cancer though, because (oddly enough) they refuse to fill in the questionnaire. :?

Oh and dammit... someone bought that Volks Fatima Queen I have been eyeing off for the last few months... :evil:

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:13 am

I am seriously tempted to get the LED an KOG. I've wanted them for an eon now.