characters
fatimas
mortar headds
vehicles
other
story
more

:arrow: home - basic info about Nagano, manga and movie
:arrow: setting - history/back story, links to articles on Joker residents/headliners/fatimas/mortar headds
:arrow: maps - battle maps and star/planet info
:arrow: nations
:arrow: characters - articles on Joker residents and headliners and 2 ways to browse the list
:arrow: fatimas - article on fatimas and alphabetical listing
:arrow: mortar headds - article on mortar headds and 2 ways to browse the list
:arrow: vehicles
:arrow: other - dragons, super cyborgs, locations (Float Temple, Ballache's castle)
:arrow: story - brief summaries of the story arcs
:arrow: more - link to Akadot Retail and an exhortation to buy the translated manga

I would like to type up the articles on Joker residents, headliners, mortar headds and fatimas and then have Nu Soard go over them for accuracy and additional material to add. Alternatively, Nu Soard could type the articles and I could edit them.

I would like to get these articles ready in 2 to 3 weeks so that the site can go up. Images and profile pages can be added as updates after that.

I would appreciate if Nu Soard or someone else could research when/where Five Star Stories manga first appeared to the public and the date the movie showed to audiences in Japan.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:36 pm

Okay. I think if we split the workload, it will go much faster.

What articles would you like me to write? Then we'll check each others work to make sure we didn't miss anything.

I was planning on doing character profiles this weekend (starting with Characters 1: Mirage) so I'll have that part covered. It shouldn't be too difficult because all the early characters are well-known and information is pretty easy to come by via the english version of the manga.

I have maps of the planets on my hardrive. More detailed maps of specific areas (Colus, Kastenpo etc) can be scanned from the manga and some of the characters books (though scanning from the manga is better, as all the cities and areas are listed in english)

I also have breakdowns on the Colus family tree (with corrusponding flow chart) and the lineage of Pure blood knights (with flow chart).

Information on Fatimas has been translated in english manga volume 4. Additional information on the various fashions and power guages should be forthcoming in the next few volumes of the english version. (hopefully)

The information on many of the nations is pretty sparse, but detailed information on AKD, Colus, Hathua and Fillmore are available. However, the Power Balance charts provide basic information for the most important Joker nations such as Knight corps, flag and service Mortar Headds and paramount knights. Good stuff.

After we piece together everything thats available, we should be able to put together a fairly comprehensive site. Lets keep moving!
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:41 pm

I've got a good intro graphic for the characters page. Also, the characters page should have a link to the alphabetical listing of fatimas since they can also be considered "characters" of the story.

I've scanned half of the people/fatimas from Characters 1. I should have the rest done soon. That will give us enough material to launch the section. Kicking it off with sparce content doesn't bother me. People like frequent updates.

Nu Soard, if you can find time, why not type up articles on general Joker residents and headdliners? I may edit them to make them shorter or longer. I hope you don't mind.

If you can, Email me the planet images/maps you have. I may re-scan later but we can start the section with those.

I need dates on the manga's first appearance to the public and the movie's release. Even just the year is good.

Profiles for Patrasque Mirage and Terror Mirage are needed. It's ok if they're brief.

I don't think it will be long now til launch day.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:39 am

slight snag.

I've lost my broadband connection.

Not a huge problem. All that means is that since I have to connect through the phone, I can't get on anytime I want. I'll mostly be doing my surfing during weekends at night (when no one needs the phone). I can send you loads of stuff right away and as soon as I have the characters profiles ready for you, I'll send em over.

I'll work on the Patrasque and Terror Mirages as soon as possible. Yes, the profiles are likely to be short, but so will most of the remaining MH profiles from now on, unless we get translated info from Plastics Style and Knight Flags soon...

I *DO* have the profile for the Eleshis from Plastics Style (Qukey's MH) when somone on Wax Traxx translated the info a while back, so we're good there.

Saturday is likely to be filled with me writing profiles. Expect some stuff then. Also some of the info thats just sitting in my FSS info folder I'll send over tomorrow afternoon and you can decide what you want to do with it...
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:14 pm

Ok. I don't think this will be a problem. Don't worry about sending me images. I can scan some planet images before long.

I'll wait to see what you send and try to stake out some time to scan characters/fatimas this weekend.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:50 am

sent off the Mortrar Doorey and Air Balelle descriptions and the flow charts and corresponding translation documents for the Colus family tree and the Bloodline of Pure Knights...

Tomorrow I will send you basic Mortar headd intro, detailed information on Fatima Est and the first of the character profiles.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:19 am

Sounds great! I forgot to thank you for the documents you sent. I got them and they look great.

Altron

Post by Altron » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:07 pm

Yeah, I hate to mess up the colaborration that you two are so deep into, but I had a suggestion. One of the sections said "More."

More? Make it something a little more descriptive so that people actually will visit the section.

Take it as you list.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:55 pm

Basic info for Mortar Head would be great. I must confess that I don't quite understand most profile at this point. But that would be great help. :D
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:03 pm

Ok, I admit "more" is a poor choice of words. We'll think of something better.

Thanks for the feedback, Kuruni. I certainly agree. The material we have up now is only interesting to people who are already 5 Star Stories fans. An article will be posted at the beginning of the mortar headd section that will give basic information and terms so that new people can understand and better appreciate the profiles that Nu Soard has written.