Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:25 pm

i emailed HLJ early yesterday, and i just got my reply:

------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for writing. Please remember, KDK53950 is not the only item in
order xxxxxxx. KDK53950 went out of stock while your order has been
waiting for backordered items to arrive.

If an order includes a backordered or preordered item, we try for *up to*
two months to get all the items in your order in stock at the same time
so they can be shipped together, as our web site explains. (If an order
becomes two months old, at that time any available items will be shipped,
and the backordered and/or preordered items will ship as they become
available.)

However, we do not hold or reserve items before the order enters payment
processing for shipment, so there is a chance an in-stock item will go
out of stock before a backordered or preordered item arrives. (Please see
our FAQ section "I had an item that was 'in stock' on your system, but
now its status has changed. Aren't you holding it for me?" at http://
www.hlj.com/faq/q25.html.)

If you don't want to wait for everything in an order to come into stock,
you're certainly welcome to request a shipment of available items, using
the Account Maintenance system at https://secure.hlj.com/account/login.
(A request to ship available items applies only to the next time we
process orders for shipment.)

We've ordered more of KDK53950, and hope to have it back in stock soon!

-----------------------------------------------

***** :evil: WARNING: RANTING :evil: *****

Ok, now i know not to put PRE-ORDERS with other items in ONE ORDER. This is the STUPIDEST excuse i've ever heard. The item went straight from Future Release to Backordered...

Can u imagine being on PRE-ORDER for a month and end up losing ur item to someone else who ordered it much later? Can someone tell me that I've been mistaken about the idea that a person who PRE-ORDERS an item gets the priority?

What's the point of PRE-ORDERING?

:x :evil:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:11 am

They hae a most perplexing system. and you really need to know a few tricks to give you the best chance of getting what you want out of them.

What's the point of pre-ordering... unless you got a pre-order discount, the only real benefit in pre-ordering goes to HLJ, in that they get an idea of how much stock they will need to order. The customer gets little benefit out of pre-ordering, though. :(

But, try and see it from their point of view... they would obviously prefer to sell the item to you. They were simply unable to get enough stock. The fault is more with the publisher than HLJ.

Do you think FSS is getting more popular with each release? Were there ever problems getting the japanese volumes in the past?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:44 pm

Out-of-stock? duh, wish i could get my hands on this :D

My guess is that HLJ mustve already given the stock amount that they want before hand, that's why they had a "preorder stop" coz the preorder was more than what they requested from the publisher?

Its definitely true that they have the most perplexing system.
1. Preorder does not mean u get the item.

2. Putting it in a separate order does not mean those other in-stock items from ur other order will be shipped together, items are shipped according to their order number.

By the way, I've already placed order for vol 12 from another store. I think from now on, i will pre-order stuff from other online stores.

--------------------------------

Back to vol 12 contents:

We have new illustrations of Genja, Vector (both from Scritti), Cornerra's King and MH Meight, and the names of 2 of those mysterious bug-eye people were revealed.

The one who saw the projected image of KAN early is named ビビエ・6 (sp? Bibieh 6?)

The other who's been stalking Arr is named イーヴィー・3 (sp? Eve 3 ?)... her name reminds me of a Left Mirage Knight... (Left #17) :?:
Looking for:

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:21 pm

Oyo^^, back from a few days without the net :P

I just looked at my hlj account, and FSS12 is out-of-stock on the site, but in my account it's as future release, anyone ever had a similar case ? (ogh yeah, I placed my order pertty late, when it was officially released (after pre-order) but already as backorder).

For those who pre-ordered but didn't received it anyway, did you got it now ? (as in the answer to Rubel they say they ordered more)

I'm surprised it's written as out-of-stock while they're suppsoed to receive more (or just received more) of it.

Else I've missed it once again :wink:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:40 pm

If you ordered it and it's out of stock just wait. They'll get more supply. My copy is on the way.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:59 pm

I received my vol12 quite a few days ago, but i ordered from bk1.

Falk, u might as well order from

http://www.bk1.co.jp/ search for ファイブスター物語 or 永野護 - they have vol11 as well.

another alternative is www.amazon.co.jp but i prefer bk1 since they dont charge handling fees and u can chose many different shipping options.

And also, I've heard that the next book "Best of FSS" will be postponed to mid-June (hmmm how come I'm not surprised :roll: )

happy hopping wrote:
Rubel Colus wrote:wth! those who pre-ordered, did u guys get the book? :evil:
And while you're at it, what is this? 五星物语设定大全集 1&2,百科字典

Is it one book or two? There is such an encyclopedia? Is it from Sharp Point?
oops didnt notice this question until now. :oops: mustve skipped it somehow.

Yes, these 3 books were from Sharp Point, but they were printed before they acquired the printing rights, in other words, yup they're "pirated" copies. :oops: But SPP didnt print them anymore, which is why its hard to get now. I think these books were printed around 1990.

Books 1 & 2 are mostly translated (chinese) contents from Characters 1-Mirage, 2-Colus, 4-Fatima, 7-Dragon Klein and Joker 3100.

百科字典 is basically Chronicle Light in chinese. I just wanna look for these books for my collection. If anyone wants to sell their FSS black cover English vol1... :P BTW, is it true that there're more than one version for the black cover?
Looking for:

Tsunami65

Post by Tsunami65 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:16 pm

Now that we all have our copies of vol 12 (Ok, some of us), is there a summary of the contents anywhere, to give those of us who are "Japanese challenged" an idea of what is going on?

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:11 pm

Who posted in a recent thread that they visited a KK store and it had a notice saying Vol.27 was cancelled?
natsukage wrote:
Schpeltor wrote: Any word on a new print run?

TIA
There was a notice(more like a small post-it) in 2 local Kinokuniya bookstore(San Francisco and San Jose CA) saying Vol. 27 was cancelled by publisher.

dang, I just started reading them too. and im already stuck at Vol. 6 =(
*edit* really bad news guys, this is not good.

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon May 01, 2006 4:37 am

Does vol 27 being cancelled mean that there will be no more english volumes at all? Or is it another way of saying they have been put on hold or delayed? Japanese vol 12 was somewhat delayed, afterall.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue May 02, 2006 2:17 pm

I got my copy of volume 12. It's thick! I feel lucky that I had time to quickly thumb through the extra material before and after the manga pages. A new black and white image of the Cloudsschatze but no other new mortar headd images. Some good color character art but we'll no doubt see that again in upcoming art books.

It looks like the Promenade story is either finishing up or being more tightly integrated with the FSS setting.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed May 03, 2006 12:35 am

Canadian FSS Fan wrote:
*edit* really bad news guys, this is not good.
Agreed. Not good.

However, I do remember the stipulation that Nagano placed on the publisher before giving permission to publish the English version: That the comic be published in English up until the final scene, irregardless of how it sells.

Right now I'm going to hold onto the hope that since the copywrite for FSS materials (with the exception of the kits) has fallen to Edit instead of Toyspress, that this changes the status of the English version. Perhaps Toyspress will no longer be responsible for publishing the english version and this task will fall to Edit instead, which would make sense for the Toyspress version being cancelled. Negotiations for a continuation of the English version would have to begin anew, since a new company would be taking over the publishing duties.

I'm not going to hold my breath though. I never really expected the English version to last as long as it did. I'll just have to go back to getting FSS info the old-fashioned way.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed May 03, 2006 12:38 am

elemental wrote:Does vol 27 being cancelled mean that there will be no more english volumes at all? Or is it another way of saying they have been put on hold or delayed? Japanese vol 12 was somewhat delayed, afterall.
As I mentioned above, It is my assumption/hope that it has merely been "delayed" while the copywrite issues are being ironed out due to the change of FSS copywrite ownership in general.

Perhaps those with a knowledge of the Japanese language can send those guys at Automatic Flowers a message asking Nagano not to forget those English speaking FSS fans who are eagerly awaiting the next volume...
Shinei!