Various FSS book items at Ebay

Trades, Sales and Exchanges of FSS Items

Moderator: kosh

elemental

Post by elemental » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:45 am

Jack, you have done nothing you need to apologize for. All you did was list an item you wanted to sell. There is certainly no need to apologize for the item reaching $80, despite that being more than it is "worth" in the opinion of a certain leporine thread-starter.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:44 pm

Exactly. Ebay will reflect the desire for posted items. If the Natsukage ends up wanting to part with it later I will still be interested in getting it from him.

Nobody should be afraid to bid on items that fellow members here are bidding on. Honestly anyone who watches Ebay on thier own for FSS stuff deserves a chance at it. I wouldn't have gone $80 for it.

I guess scans would be fine too. As long as they are at 150dpi or better. :)

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:11 am

Sheizzel wrote:
The original price for this book is 1500yen. I've seen this book being sold a couple of times a very long time ago on YahooJapan for what I considered as a good price( around 4000yen at the time ). It is rare, even by YJ standard, I think.
Not to mention the 4000 yen back then had a much stronger exchange rate than today. Compares just a few short yr. ago vs. today, the yen lost 25% of the value. Today, $1 yields 118.016 yen, just a few yr. ago, $1 only yields 88.512 yen.

So back then, you probably paid $45.2, but today if you can get this in Japan for 4000 yen, you only paid $33.9. An item that should worth only $33.9 go to $85, that's unbelievable.

On unrelated matters, we won't see the above exchange rate soon. Supposedly BoJ is raising their rate for the 1st time in yr. this Oct. But as of Fri. Apr 7, the latest news suggest BoJ is raising their rate much sooner. My guess, May-June. Once the 1/4 pt. raise, anyone buy from Japan would definitely paid more, not to mention the int. rate raise will be ongoing.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:20 am

happy hopping wrote:An item that should worth only $33.9 go to $85, that's unbelievable.
Unexpected, perhaps. But four people were willing to bid $75 or more on Sheizzel's auction. Clearly their idea of what that item is worth (to them) is different to your idea of what it should be worth. That's the whole point of selling collectable items at all the auctions you keep posting links to. :)