Tani's AUGE / Hirai's New SR-1?

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Tani's AUGE / Hirai's New SR-1?

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:14 pm

Like the title says, Tani's currently sculpting a Machine Mess AUGE!

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/toys/content ... nts03.html

Okiharu Hirai looks to be working on a manga version SR-1.

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/toys/content ... nts04.html

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:56 pm

That SR-1 sounds interesting. Just out of curiosity, who sculpted Volks' current SR-1?
John F. Moscato

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:08 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:That SR-1 sounds interesting. Just out of curiosity, who sculpted Volks' current SR-1?
Hirai sculpted MM SR-1 :) .

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:26 pm

Well, I like the Sr1 already, and I guess I like the manga Sr1 even more. So this is not a bad choice from Volks. Though of course I'd much prefer to see some totally fresh designs... Hopefully Volks is still going forward with the Flamberge Temple.

Tani doing a Mess Auge... that sounds great in principle. But is it going to be another 1/144? Not too interested in 1/144... but maybe he'll do 1/100 since Wave already did a 1/144?

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:25 am

I'm not familiar with the manga SR1, seeing as I only read the english volumes. Is the manga version the flying version? Any pics?

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:32 am

Also looks like someone is working on sculpting Fatima Diode? A strange choice of subject, given there are so many other fatimas that have not made it to kit form.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:08 am

elemental wrote:I'm not familiar with the manga SR1, seeing as I only read the english volumes. Is the manga version the flying version? Any pics?
Not a whole lot different with the manga version. The back of the head, skirt armors and shield look slightly different. Other than that I can't really tell the difference because the only picture shown in Vol.11 was of the SR-1 in flying mode...

Since this kit will be SAV, we can expect more details in areas that were replaced by polycaps and ball joint sin the MM SR-1.

happy hopping

Re: Tani's AUGE / Hirai's New SR-1?

Post by happy hopping » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:27 am

Sheizzel wrote: Okiharu Hirai looks to be working on a manga version SR-1.

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/toys/content ... nts04.html
but he already done a MM Manga Version in Spring 2000. Are we talking about the same thing here? He done an Engage Octaver SR1 in comic ver. and official ver., both completed in 2000.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:40 am

Now that I think about it, this is a very odd choice of projects for Volks. I consider their existing MM SR1 to be the best and most graceful representation of the SR1 available, and now they want to go and make it redundant by replacing it with an updated version?? Who are they trying to impress? Who are they trying to better? Granted the SAV vs MM thing will be a slight improvement, but yeah... a bit of a waste of time overall? If Volks want to do a rehash kit, I'm sure they would impress more people with either a black phantom or a calvary R. Hell, Volks could even do an updated Mess Auge, and I'm sure it would be much more interesting than another SR1...

As for Tani Mess Auge... could be interesting, could be a nightmare. How many thousand parts will he make it? How many thousand yen will it be?? :?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:53 am

Who are they trying to better? Let's see...that would be Silicon Tribe? Volks seems to have adopted a habit of doing the same MH after Silicon Tribe. For example the Phantom, Luminous and now the SR-1.

I don't mind another updated SR-1, since Hirai is doing it again and this time it will be SAV.

As for Tani's AUGE, only time will tell if he had gone with the same approach as his KOG V3. If we don't see this kit being released soon then we can expect it to reappear in a couple of years with a surprising part count :P .

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:38 am

Sheizzel wrote:Who are they trying to better? Let's see...that would be Silicon Tribe? Volks seems to have adopted a habit of doing the same MH after Silicon Tribe. For example the Phantom, Luminous and now the SR-1.
ST is the only company to release the flying SR1, isn't it? I don't think the ST SR1 even comes close to being better than the Volks SR1... it's just too angular and "robotic" compared to lovely volks version. I can't imagine Volks would feel terribly threatened by the ST SR1.

Hmm.. you were working on the MM SR1... will this news put you off completing that kit?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:27 pm

elemental wrote: ST is the only company to release the flying SR1, isn't it? I don't think the ST SR1 even comes close to being better than the Volks SR1... it's just too angular and "robotic" compared to lovely volks version. I can't imagine Volks would feel terribly threatened by the ST SR1.

Hmm.. you were working on the MM SR1... will this news put you off completing that kit?
Yes, I agree that Volks is not even a slight bit worried about ST. I guess the fact that Volks has chosen to do the same kits as ST has made me think they have something to prove. Then again, it may have been a case of coincidence in each of those occasions :P .

And no, the new SAV SR-1 won't effect the way I'm going to build my MM SR-1. As you've mentioned, MM SR-1 is a beautiful kit, and still is. I still love it very much because it is a simple kit, and one that didn't inherit the problems other MM kits have :) .

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:25 pm

This is a picture from Toys7 that I got off a blog. If I'm not mistaking, it was said that Tani's AUGE will be 1/72.

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:52 pm

Sheizzel wrote:Like the title says, Tani's currently sculpting a Machine Mess AUGE!

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/toys/content ... nts03.html
Part set for Machine Mess Auge ? Or new kit?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:56 pm

Ladycus sopp wrote:
Part set for Machine Mess Auge ? Or new kit?
A new kit of the Machine Mess AUGE. The picture shown is just a work in-progress.