Volks Luminous Mirage **NOW COMPLETE**

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

jinnai

Volks Luminous Mirage **NOW COMPLETE**

Post by jinnai » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:28 pm

I'm still recovering from an insane 4 hour sanding/pinning session last night that ended at 2am.

Let's see how quickly I can do this..

Hey wait.. now WHY would I be posting this..? ;)
Last edited by jinnai on Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:47 pm

Good luck, for your kit

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:50 pm

Just remember, it's not a race. Take your time and ENJOY your hobby :wink:
John F. Moscato

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:18 am

Exactly, take your time and made well the things.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:43 am

Hope to see constant updates for this gorgeous looking kit :) .

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:52 am

Have I missed something? Is Phantom complete?

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:28 am

John F. Moscato wrote:Just remember, it's not a race. Take your time and ENJOY your hobby :wink:
If going slowly indicates enjoyment of the hobby, some of us here are enjoying this hobby a little too much. Myself included. :(

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:05 am

oh, I don't know about that. I have a whole gaggle of FSS kits waiting to be built myself: I dry-fitted about 5 of them with hot glue just so that I'd have something to look at in between periods of exhaustion.

Truthfully, it's not exactly a "relaxing" hobby. Requires lotsa of patience and attention to detail, and with models as beautiful as FSS kits, it would be a shame to screw-up something because your mind isn't there or you're just tired. You're more likely to get better results streching-out the build and taking the time to tinker with it to get it just the way you want it.
John F. Moscato

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:18 am

You know, now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen a single finshed FSS kit from you, John. Are you working on any (more than just pinning)? :|

As for requiring patience and attention to detail, that's exactly why I like painting FSS kits. As you might remember, I hand brush too. It's a slow process but very very enjoyable. Gives me lots of time to appreciate every last little detail on a kit. :)

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:05 am

I actually finished two FSS kits about 13 years ago. A Wave 1/144 KOG and Volks 1/144 green Berlin. They were covered in a (now defunct)magazine called Mecha Press. The photographer had mangled the KOG even before the photo shoot so it looks retarded in the pictures... My friend then followed suit and "dropped" the Berlin accidentally while it was on display in his store... And this is why I'm not starting ANY FSS models until I have a secure place to put them--and time to build them to my specifications.

Alas, we've pulled this thread off-course enough as it is--GO LUMINOUS!!! :D
John F. Moscato

happy hopping

Re: Volks Luminous Mirage WIP

Post by happy hopping » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:06 am

jinnai wrote:I'm still recovering from an insane 4 hour sanding/pinning session last night that ended at 2am.

Hey wait.. now WHY would I be posting this..? ;)
what is that box behind the MH? The box looks big.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:00 am

happy hopping wrote:what is that box behind the MH? The box looks big.
It's a fridge.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:26 am

elemental wrote:Have I missed something? Is Phantom complete?
Look at the last picture in the Luminous folder I linked to in my photobucket account.

99%. I need to do two touchups before I can consider it "finished." But because those touchups will take me all of 5 minutes, I want to see if I can get the Luminous done over this long weekend.

The Phantom would have been finished sooner had I not run out of supplies constantly. But now I have heaps laying around..

Happy, either you're talking about the HGUC Palace Athene box, or it's my fridge. My workroom is my dining room, and the kitchen is right behind it. Convenient if I need coffee late at night.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:50 pm

HGUC Palace Athene, so that's what it is. Looks very big for a box that is HG. I'll have to check HLJ.com
thanks.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:04 pm

Painting has already begun. :)