New to this forum, animation concept designer

Share your work with the online community

Moderator: kosh

VulnePro

New to this forum, animation concept designer

Post by VulnePro » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:05 am

Hello everyone :)

I found this forum doing a search for Fujita Kazumi after a conversation with Genocidalpenguin, who I see also has hopped aboard here :) I'm a working artist with a primary personal focus on an animation series proposal I plan to be pitching in the near future to potential investors, a project called Theos ke Polemos. Mecha are a main componant of the project and I figure this forum would be a nice place to share some of them.

This machine is one of the very first concepts I did for the project, a more aero-frame design with a wide shoulder profile. It's a lot differnet form the current designs I've been crafting and the aesthetics have evoled into a more organic look but I still dig how this one turned out. I plan to do a reworking of it eventually.

This machine is one of the latest and more current from the project. It's full CG, no pencil guide sketch. I prefer this method now because it allows me to "sculpt" my designs virtually like they were 3D.

This one’s an odd looking yet elegant machine and if you’re looking for symmetry, you’re not going to find it here. The company that makes this FOIL, Lavess Soso, is a specialized team of artisans (some slightly mad) who design their FOILs as one of a kind units exotic walking sculpture, no mass produced body types here. The inspiration or notion of this design’s aesthetics is the art movement Futurism, a style of painting closely associated with Cubism (I have a cubist FOIL in the works too). Futurism was about the idea of industry, applying the notion of movement to a static image. No this FOIL isn’t pure Futurism, it’s more a suggestion of because the future setting has a fractured sense of history. The Armor looks as if it was sculpted, like clay, well that’s because it is a form of super hard ceramic. The chipping shows light tan underneath due to the ceramics, if this FOIL had a metal armor you’d see something more metal in color of course. Lavess Soso FOILs are renowned for their aesthetic boldness.

Overall I prefer the non cammo version because this version the cammo is too effective at doing its job, breaking up the lines. I do dig the look of the cammo too though and I have an idea of the FOILs having a chameleon style surface color that could generate cammo patterns, not a therm-optic as it’s been done so much, something more retro in execution instead keeping with the WWII look. The sweeping curves and angles are what makes this machine unique looking and without camouflage it’s more clearly defined.

Feel free to hop on my Deviant gallery as I’ve been keeping the postings there pretty current. The most recent posting being the CG colors I did for genocidalpenguin’s fab Zidharta design. Take care everyone, I’m happy to drop in and contribute.

http://vulnepro.deviantart.com/

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:52 pm

Thanks for the post! Your designs are really thought-provoking.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

VulnePro

Post by VulnePro » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:22 pm

You're more than welcome, I see this is a nice little community you have here, glad to contribute. Thank you kindly for the good words, if these are provoking thought I'm succeeding and doing my job :wink:

MSW

Post by MSW » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:08 pm

Mike! Great to see more of your awsome designs! (and coloring :D )

I stumbled upon this site doing the exact same Fujita search (seems to be one of the few places his work is aprechiated :P )

VulnePro

Post by VulnePro » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:45 pm

MSW, damn it's been awhile, good to see you're still floating around. Sadly the old Vulne pro forum borke but we plan to have a new one up eventually, I've just been so damn busy, no time. You should hop onto Deviant Art, set up a gallery, if you haven't already, and we'll add you to my friend's list. Great to hear from you though, sorry it took me awhile to drop back in here. Some more FOILs are coming up in my next post.

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:49 pm

This fusion of the MH end Evangelion ???!!! :?