Monthly Mecha Fighting Tournament Affiliate

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Altron

Monthly Mecha Fighting Tournament Affiliate

Post by Altron » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:32 am

Hey, tachyon, I was checking around the internet, and I saw MMFT and thought that you may want to check them out. They are very mecha-buffish, and have a great monthly tournament. CamCo and Waterslayer are already registered here, but there are sooo many more cool people over there.

http://www.mmft.apheliondesign.net

btw, I'm an affiliate of their's.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:30 am

Yeah, I should link to these guys. Hopefully I'll be on my own computer this week sometime.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:36 am

Ok. The link is up! Hopefully I'll push some good traffic their way.

Altron

Post by Altron » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:24 pm

Wow. You must be really... generous if you're willing to give them hits without asking anything in return. Well, at least it helps out the mecha community.

I usually ask to link up then when they say yes, I put their button up immediately as a sign of confidence in them to put up my banner.

EDIT:

The Darkness Echo and MMFT don't have their banners on the main page, only on the links page, and without banners mind you. I thought that affiliates put up each other's banners, but maybe Gears only does text links?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:46 pm

I put links up to interesting sites but consider carefully before adding affiliates. Right now, only Knowlton's World and Mech Infinity are affiliates.

I may add a bunch more affiliates when I do my next round of promotions. That will be after I add a decent selection of new content.

Waterslayer

Post by Waterslayer » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:46 pm

if you haven't been added to the links yet, i'll do that for ya. As soon as we get the pages converted to perl or php, hopefully we can get a affiliate bar somewhere in there... right now there are just way too many pages to have to add the lines of code on each one.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:55 pm

Thanks, Waterslayer. Cross-linking will help both our sites in the search engines.