Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:27 am

Falk wrote:
This one is the most cheesy :
"This fact remains true in the course of history, up till JC 7777, no MH, mecha, cyborg, devils, gods, weapons, living beings, alien beings, beings from alternate dimensions are able to defeat this MH."

This would mean the previous chart is now totally wrong, and that LED is on top ? (at least until 7777)
This would mean that (in order of power), Rogner & Satans boss (I don't even mention the satans soldiers, they're now so low compared to the LED, that this war will last 10 minutes), Dragons, Spector, Ama, are all PWNED! by the LED until 7777.
Right now it kinda breaks the charm of FSS for me. :?

Actually, the text in Knight Flags was written before the Power Rating Chart was created and printed in Newtype. Thus I would assume that the Power Rating Chart would take precedence.
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:18 pm

Whoops, looks like I missed the fact it's from KF... :oops:
I thought it's from FSS Designs :roll:

I hope the chart is prevalent over the KF text.
I really don't like this "most powerful up till 7777" thing.
I don't mind something being stronger than the dragons (amongst other beings from alternate dimensions), but in this case it's an MH that can be "mass produced" (well, there are different levels of mass production^^).

Anyway I'll try to read carrefully next time :wink: :oops:

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:40 pm

There's still a lot more Bang Dolls and Sirens and A Tolls and things than there are LED Mirages.

LED Mirages aren't 'one of a kind', but there's still a lot less of them than many other MH types.

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:33 pm

Béh lors Falk ont se trompe hien!?

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:04 pm

Ouaip' ça arrive, même aux meilleurs 8)
Disons que j'ai sauté une ligne, mais le texte de KF n'en reste pas moins "to much"...

Mais bon on va rester dans la langue de Shakespeare^^

KOG >>> Mmh yep', that's right.
That goes with what I said about the LED, we've seen it so much in artworks and kits, that I'm used to it. I pointed out in another topic that english book 17 was a bit boring (real war blablablah...), but there was a few references to headdliners, fatimas and MHs from a "normal human" point of vue, which were great. Cuz' in fact we're maybe to much used to all those ultra-powerfull beings. As when a headdliner dies, sometimes there's a whole ceremony (Clotho sleeping forever), but several times there's almost nothing (Poesche Nomien, Bester Orbit, Nu Soard). Maybe FSS lacks a bit of "normal aciton" to keep the "über action" well... über^^

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:12 pm

It's true that the number of LED Mirage kits out there can make us think of the LED Mirage as being commonplace. It probably has more kits than any other MH? Seems like it anyway.

Whereas in the manga, we still really haven't seen it much at all.

But I don't mind the number of kits... LED Mirage is a really 'important' design in the story, and it's just plain beautiful. Even though it's one of the oldest FSS designs, it's still one of my favorites. Since I am really heavily into the model building side of things, I'm very interested in seeing the variety and quality of available kits.

I think I had over 20 different LED Mirage kits, the last time I checked...

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:51 am

Falk wrote:Ouaip' ça arrive, même aux meilleurs 8)
Disons que j'ai sauté une ligne, mais le texte de KF n'en reste pas moins "to much"...

Mais bon on va rester dans la langue de Shakespeare^^
Perso j'ai pas se bouquin, mais si tu le dit.
Revenont a l'anglais car ils vont pas comprendre un mot sinon.
Au faite tu ma reconnus ?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:17 pm

the latest description of SR4 (Junchoon) from Automatic Flowers says:

The SR4 controlled by Fatima Clotho, is the most powerful MH in all of Joker Cluster history, it is said that it is possible to destroy the LED Mirage.

----------------------
:roll:

ok, so now the Junchoon has a *possibility* of destroying a LED Mirage. A play of words?

I think its also because the Junchoon has in fact no chance of fighting a LED Mirage. The planned appearances for the LED Mirage is very limited:

2989 - Colus Hagooda war. only 3 preliminary models were used.
3007 - Ver3 with translucent armor is publicized
3159 - Addler Invasion. 15 LEDs in 2 teams
3199 - Both Invasion.
3225 - Battle at Stant
3238 - Kallamity Goderce Invasion
3960 - Juno Invasion
4100 - Guard for The Will at its departure
7777 - Battle at Fortune

and so, with no chance of a Junchoon vs a LED Mirage, we have no sure way of knowing... :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:48 am

You mean, it's publicized in the manga as being a V3 ?

I mean, Nagano revamped the LED, KOG & KOG AT designs with heels and transluscent armor, but should we consider that at some point in the manga, they are updated ?
Or should we consider they're the same throughout the whole story and the design changes are just Nagano's drawing evolution ?

Is this date (3007) in the manga ? Kaien dies in 3030 right, and that already happened (well in the upcoming book 12).

Personnally, I'm still sceptical about the LED being so strong compared to fellow Mirage Machine :twisted: . Well KOG AT will be built with the rest of the Auge, so I don't know what this implies exactly, but it could be quite good compared to the Junchoon and his LED engine (according to the charts, the KOG AT has the Akd1002 engine, KOG has 1001, 1003 & 1004 are for the Will, and 1005 for MMT Vinus... we're not talking about low grade MH there^^)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:00 am

Falk wrote:

You mean, it's publicized in the manga as being a V3 ?
No, he means that the v3 Led was first shown to the public in the Joker galaxy in 3007. This happens in Japanese book X (Eng book 24 I think)
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:08 am

Erf, m'kay, I had 3159 as the dat eof Monarch Sacred, but it's Monarch Sacred in 3007 which part of the whole "Addler Invasion 3159", sorry^^.
I should look at the dates more carefully, as if FSS wasn't already hard enough to follow...

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:55 am

Rubel Colus wrote:the latest description of SR4 (Junchoon) from Automatic Flowers says:

The SR4 controlled by Fatima Clotho, is the most powerful MH in all of Joker Cluster history, it is said that it is possible to destroy the LED Mirage.

----------------------
:roll:

ok, so now the Junchoon has a *possibility* of destroying a LED Mirage. A play of words?

I think its also because the Junchoon has in fact no chance of fighting a LED Mirage. The planned appearances for the LED Mirage is very limited:

2989 - Colus Hagooda war. only 3 preliminary models were used.
3159 - Addler Invasion. 15 LEDs in 2 teams
3199 - Both Invasion.
3225 - Battle at Stant
3238 - Kallamity Goderce Invasion
3960 - Juno Invasion
4100 - Guard for The Will at its departure
7777 - Battle at Fortune

and so, with no chance of a Junchoon vs a LED Mirage, we have no sure way of knowing... :?
Ok, I'm quite confused now. Isn't the Junchoon supposed to be Engage SR-2? Where does this SR-4 come from?

Last I recall, the SR-3 Jade Temple was a whole new MH built post for Sayly in the image of her father's "Junchoon"... Unles the rebuilt Junchoon in the future is somehow re-baptized SR-4?

As for it being the most powerful MH in the history of Joker: this may *technically* still be true. If you stop and consider that the LED is a Mortar Messiah, and *not* a MH, then this makes sense. The Junchoon may very well be the most powerful MORTAR HEADD ever created, but it would still be inferior to the god-like Mortar Messiah.

As for it's *possibility* of destroying a LED, I'm guessing that this might have something to do with the fact that it uses LED Mirage engines, and thus offers the MH less of a handicap as compared to conventional MHs?

Either way I'm still very confused, but the info is still very interesting... Maybe this will all make more sense as more translations are brought forth :D
John F. Moscato

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:12 am

Falk - the LED Mirage v3 is a upgrade of the machine in the story (not juz Nagano's change of drawing style). IIRC, v3 has changes such as auxiliary arms(?) for the active veils/double shields, protective 'eye' shades (for flame thrower, similar to KOG's shades for the Buster), etc.

John - the sr4 and that description is the latest info from the very latest Automatic Flowers website update. check out the Characters section.

Latest:
sr1 - Arr Melody's
sr2 - Mallory Hirarchy's (was named mk2 in KF)
sr3 - Sayly's
sr4 - Junchoon
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

elemental

Post by elemental » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:06 am

John F. Moscato wrote:As for it's *possibility* of destroying a LED, I'm guessing that this might have something to do with the fact that it uses LED Mirage engines, and thus offers the MH less of a handicap as compared to conventional MHs?
Valid point with the engines, but I think a large part of the *possibility* of Junchoon being able to defeat a LED would be due to Clotho. She can kick some serious arse, remember. :)

AJ

Post by AJ » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:01 pm

Oh. Ok, never mind my question... I figured it out. :?