many recasts for sale - low low prices - everything must go

Trades, Sales and Exchanges of FSS Items

Moderator: kosh

KOG

many recasts for sale - low low prices - everything must go

Post by KOG » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:20 am

UPDATE:

Items in red are claimed.

I'm going on vacation in April, AND I just found out that I owe a bunch of money to the IRS this year. So I'm really anxious to bolster my funds a bit. For this reason, I'm willing to sell many of my recasts that I no longer want/need for low, low prices. These are all RECASTS. Most are from hobbyfan, some are from a higher quality source. All kits have been checked for parts, nothing is missing/broken. Complete with manual.

Here's a list:
1/100 WSC Terror Mirage - $55
1/100 WSC Engage SR-3 - $50
1/100 Volks SSS2002 KOG w/Buster - $70
1/100 Volks SSS2002 Siren D - $60
1/100 Volks Machine Mess AUGE - $70
1/100 Volks MM Siren Alkana - $65
1/100 Volks SAV V Siren 103N Neptune - $50
1/100 Volks SAV V Siren 104P Prominence - $50
1/100 Volks SAV White Phantom - $55
1/100 Volks SAV Heavy Vatshu - $55
1/100 Volks SAV LED B4 Kneeling Pose - $50

I may be willing to deduct a few bucks if anyone wants to buy more than one at a time.

Shipping is to be determined, based on what kits(s) you want, where you live, and what method you want the kit(s) shipped by.

Please contact me ASAP if you are seriously interested in any of these. You can post questions here, send me a private message, or email me at wulongt@hotmail.com

I don't have a paypal account, so I'll need payment by money order (post office money is fine for those living in the USA), cashier's check (from a bank), cash (risky), or personal check (will need to allow time for it to clear before shipping kits). If you want to buy a bunch but will only deal with Paypal, we may be able to work out something where you paypal the money to a friend of mine's account, and then the friend can forward the money to me via other means. But I'd only go through that amount of hassle if you're interested in quite a few of the kits.
Last edited by KOG on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

I still don't understand why you dislike Paypal.

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:34 am

cobywan wrote:I still don't understand why you dislike Paypal.
I don't like the idea of them taking a percentage, no matter how small?

Inevitability

Post by Inevitability » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:43 am

If the WSC Terror is still available, I'm interested.

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:58 pm

Inevitability wrote:If the WSC Terror is still available, I'm interested.
As I mentioned, items in red are no longer available.

If the first buyer doesn't work out for some reason, I can certainly let you know.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:40 am

KOG wrote:
cobywan wrote:I still don't understand why you dislike Paypal.
I don't like the idea of them taking a percentage, no matter how small?
Nothing is free. And most of us are more than willing to compensate by adding the 3% to the price. We could have totally concluded the kits deal if that was the only issue.

I'm bummed out now.

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:49 am

cobywan wrote:Nothing is free. And most of us are more than willing to compensate by adding the 3% to the price. We could have totally concluded the kits deal if that was the only issue.

I'm bummed out now.
I do feel bad about that, but you did say you wanted to pass in the end.

Since I don't have paypal, I, too, have to take the trouble to go to the bank and get money orders when I buy anything from a private seller. I've had to get a MO every time I've won something on ebay..

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:25 am

BUt when you go get a MO, isn't there a fee charge by the post office? So, realistically, you pay more because of the two way gasoline and time loss in line up in post office.

They all have to charge a fee to cover rental, labor etc. I agree w/ you if the amt. is high, then definitely worth getting a MO because the fee, about $3 or so, is the same regardless of the amt. of the MO.

Whereas w/ paypal, if the amt. is $1K, then it's a loss of $35 from the other side. But w/ the small amt. that you are asking for, 3 - 3.5% surcharge is nothing compares to the gasoline & time you spent.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:01 pm

Well, there's an important difference.

With Paypal, the percentage is lost by the seller, since they deduct their percentage from the amount being paid to you.

With MO, the small extra fee is paid by the buyer, so the seller doesn't lose any money out of the deal.

And since I'm already selling these for much cheaper than I would like to... I'd really rather not lose even a few bucks.

Since I'm already losing 50% or more of my investment on some of these kits.

My WSC Terror Mirage was bought at a local GK import shop, and at the time I paid something like $140 for it. Since I'm selling it for $55, you can see that I'm losing masses of money.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:26 pm

KOG wrote:
cobywan wrote:Nothing is free. And most of us are more than willing to compensate by adding the 3% to the price. We could have totally concluded the kits deal if that was the only issue.

I'm bummed out now.
I do feel bad about that, but you did say you wanted to pass in the end.
In the end it was what Happy pointed out that made me pass. The lines at the Bank and Post office are terrible in my nieborhood and, at the time my work schedule forced me to try and do all this on my lunch break.

It was just bad timing. It really is very common in the garage kit culture to charge the fee to the buyer. I've paid the 3% on some expensive models without complaint.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:43 am

KOG wrote:
And since I'm already selling these for much cheaper than I would like to... I'd really rather not lose even a few bucks.

Since I'm already losing 50% or more of my investment on some of these kits.
I'm curious, I have read seller in this situation before even at ebay. And in those cases, the seller said add 3% if you pay via paypal. for MO, no extra 3%. You can just tell everyone what you just said the above, about the massive loss, so if they paid via paypal, add 3%.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet