Armored Gerwalk Update

Super Dimensions Fortress Macross and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

fulcy

Armored Gerwalk Update

Post by fulcy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:47 am

Well, hope this is in the right place - since it is Macross related. This is a custom set of armor I have been commissioned to make for Yamato's 1/48th scale Valkyrie. It's been almost two years in the making (yeah, I'm that slow) - and for more long winded info on the project, check out http://www.mechaskunkworks.com/ag.htm for previous updates, and more info. Thanks for looking!

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:17 am

Nice work dude. It has been a long time since I saw an update. The prototype shop did a great job for you. Did you end up cleaning them up yourself or did they do it for you. I personally haven't seen rapid proto work look as nice as what you have.

I'm gonna have to get a set of these.

fulcy

Post by fulcy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:40 am

Well, the prototyping shop did the leg armors - and they have several finishing options for the customer. Since I just wanted a part that would give me the rough final shape, and that I could add detail to, I just had them send me the rough parts - there will be alot of wet sanding for me in the future! But, you can get parts back from these guys that have been sanded, primed, etc. Really great stuff - a little bit on the expensive side, but for me it was definitely worth it. Now I just need to clean up some stuff on the back armor parts, and off to the shop they go.