Have you seen this yet?

What are your views on this episode?

What about the whole Zero series?

Do u like it?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:00 am

Liked it overall. The episode has some major pacing-problems and about 100 little things that could have been easily fixed.

I like the series in the same way i liked 08th MS team, good show overall but there are lotsa things they could have done to improve it.
The visuals are top-notch of course and I like how Kawamori is flirting with the aircraft-fans by throwing in some manuevers from reallife...no you have to watch it yourself cuz i aint spoiling :P

Other than that, you can feel that this is a post-Arjuna series for Kawamori. It gets preachy sometimes :roll:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:19 pm

wow only one reply. :?

Visuals are awesome~! And yeah, the combat manuevers were great, I am very pleased with how they presented the dogfights

The story though... :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:04 pm

I haven't seen it yet :cry:
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:56 pm

I've just seen it, well yup', technically it's good, the dogfights are awesome.

The story on the other hand :roll: , not that great IMO.
The thema has already been treated several times, and Macross Zero doesn't really add anything to it.
The end was quite disapointing, maybe it could have been ok for a long run serie (though I don't really like this sort of ending), not for something that elapsed on just a few days.

Sign of Haro

Post by Sign of Haro » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:25 am

CG Valkyries make me a happy panda. :)

I still need to get around to seeing ep 5. For some reason though, the subs never play right on this PC and the subtitles lag behind the vid...

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:31 am

I liked is, the last epo was a bit rushed but i liked it and the story shed some light on the origins of the Macross universe. Course the events of macross zero seem pretty tragic and pointless considering what happens five years later but its nice for what it is. And it would be interesting if they explore what happens to the two main charas after the events of the last ep.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:06 pm

Erm.. I got this for christmas - a copy sent by a friend in Japan - got to say the Subtitles appalled me - Incests instead of insects was probably the most unerstandable and minor of the problems - the story was almost incomprehensible for the most part but fortunately the visuals made up for this and also managed to carry the meaning for the most part.

"seem pretty tragic and pointless considering what happens five years later but its nice for what it is" - so is this meant to be part of the Macross universe of old?

I have to say I loved most of the CG dogfighting and was delighted to see the armoured up fighter as well as the deck rolling point defence roids, also loved the amphibious assault mecha and Destroid. But felt the ending was a little contrived and fell kind of flat especially the bit where Shinn does indeed decide he will be leaving earth?? (What was that about? Script writer flipped a coin on the last line of screenplay and thought "oh why not". )

ragnarokk1977

Post by ragnarokk1977 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:30 pm

I just finished watching all 5 episodes last week of December. The visuals are all great but the story is a major cliffhanger!

I dont get it?! How is it related to the story of SDF-1 crashing on Earth and all?

Anyway, did anyone notice the Zenthuady-ish "ship" (the body actually) before it combined with the head?

gelgogms14

macross 0

Post by gelgogms14 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:53 am

Macross 0 is realy good I have seen it all raw japanies A friend of mine showed it to me it. :P

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:35 am

I really like it.
I am so happy they did the very good job on the VF-0 fighters in the cg, and the air fightings are awesome too, just like in the macross plus, but switched to the 3d.
If I vote it I give it an A-.
(I am little bit not understand the story too, and why VF-O looks much better and powerful than VF fighter in the original macross ? Is than a little bit not match the story setting.)
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

justicar

Post by justicar » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:06 pm

The character animation is in an interesting style and I can't decide if I like it or not (though it is smooth). The combat scenes are phenomenal, though way too short.

The story isn't particularly good in its own right (with an incomprehensibly stupid ending that leaves one feeling like they just wasted several hours of their life watching it), and absolutely sucks as something related to Macross (especially since it disregards every other Macross element). As far as I'm concerned, it's an alternate universe at best, not canon in the slightest at worst.

What you really want is for someone who has all the discs to go through and rip out the combat sequences and burn them to disc for you.