Macross Frontier's Advantages?

Super Dimensions Fortress Macross and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Macross Frontier's Advantages?

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Someone commented that Macross Frontier is the greatest thing to happen to the Macross franchise in years. How so? What positive things does Macross Frontier do for Macross?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

GenMechJournal

Re: Macross Frontier's Advantages?

Post by GenMechJournal » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 am

Advantages?
Let's see.
1. Cutting-edge cel animation
2. Excellent airplane-robot-mode dog fight action sequences
3. Great use of human tragic plots (Michel was still a shock to me! :shock: )
4. Classic element of love-triangle (seriously, who wouldn't like that??)
5. Lots of eye-candy
etc.

Macross Frontier certainly helps to bring a new life to the Macross franchise series! And I couldn't believe it's been that long since we last saw SDF Macross all those 25 years ago!! And here we are again! Immersing ourselves into the series that once was very magical and special to every mecha anime viewer that ever witnessed. A historic epic that truly lives amongs the age of timeless classic.

And we see the same thing being emulated here in Macross Frontier!

Despite that, I reckon it's still hard to beat the orginal classics though...

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:34 pm

I feel that Macross Frontier matches up to the original Macross quite well. Its not very often that we can say that about any sequel, let alone an anime sequel. I think it did an excellent job of recreating that unique Macross feel while still bringing the show into the modern age to bring this universe to a new generation of fans.

I was excited when I first heard about the series but remained cautiously optimistic (we all remember Macross 7, right?) but the show exceeded all of my expectations and now occupies a spot in the top 10 of my all time favorite anime tittles. (heck, it may even be in the top 5)

To say that the show was worthy of the tittle of Macross is an understatement, to say the least.

GenMechJournal

Post by GenMechJournal » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:17 am

Yes!

I'm glad it's made its return back to the TV screens! With a bigger bang!

Macross 7 was more of a sceptic for me. In fact, I felt it committed a mortal sin that seriously tainted the very expectations many mecha fans were hoping to get out of the show. And it was fairly difficult to get by even before the end of the first episode I watched! I didn't know what to make of it. I guess it's catered for a different demographic type of audience. ie the kind where age of rock and roll, and funky tunes were the norm in those days. (which reminds me that I need to write up another mecha chronology topic on Macross 7 at some point).

Macross Frontier was simply a god-send that helped to wash all of our dejected memories of Macross 7. Good on Shoji Kawamori for making a comeback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5hpq384KcU

alvaro6

Post by alvaro6 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 am

Cutting-edge cel animation and cool airplane-robot-mode dog fight action sequences!
bullet force shooter games, 192.168.1.1 wiki router