Xeku Eins Question

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Xeku Eins Question

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:54 pm

I was looking at some Xeku Eins images today and I got to wondering about the 120mm machine gun feed. Once the canister on the right shoulder is out of bullets how does the pilot make use of the other canister? Does the pilot put the machine gun in the other hand? Would the ammo belt make it to the gun without getting twisted around or bent? It seems like an awkward angle to me. And would the pilot be at a disadvantage using his off hand to operate the machine gun?

Can the pilot jettison the right shoulder canister and then move the remaining canister while in combat? At first thought, that seemed improbable but then I got to thinking about the automatic systems the mobile suits use to do things. For example, in the first chapter of the Gundam Sentinel story some mobile suits are coming back to Pezun's docking bay after a patrol. They engage the automatic systems and the computer "takes over" the mobile suit to move the legs and fire the thrusters just right to land.

MY THEORY:
Once the right shoulder canister is out of ammo the pilot jettisons it and then engages the computer to go through the "memorized" arm movements to move the remaining ammo canister onto the right shoulder. Then, the canister ejects the first meter or so of ammo out so that the pilot can grab the feed and fit it into the 120mm machine gun. Maybe that procedure is done by the computer too.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

red_rhino

Post by red_rhino » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:37 am

Maybe it'd be easier for the Xeku to handle the machine gun with the other hand instead of transporting the canister from one shoulder to the other... :wink:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:44 pm

Yeah, the guys at the Gundam Watch message board agree with you.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.