Z Gundam - Ain't Nuttin' Like The Real Thing

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Z Gundam - Ain't Nuttin' Like The Real Thing

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:11 pm

I'm finally fulfilling a long-time ambition - watching Z Gundam. I was looking at art books of Z Gundam and daydreaming about what the show was like when I was in junior high. I've heard about the show and seen models and line art for it in hobby magazines for many years. Now that I sit down to actually watch it I continually feel amazed. I thrilled when I saw the Asshimar first assault the heroes. When the Marasai made its first appearance I was thinking, "That's it! That's really the Marasai!" I just saw the Z Gundam launch into combat for the first time last night.

For those of you who are Gundam fans and haven't bought the Z Gundam DVD box set yet, what are you waiting for?!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:56 pm

Yes, Zeta Gundam truly is the cat's meow. If only the opening and ending music were correct... sigh. But, I guess MP3s or MPG clips can be downloaded from SOMEwhere...

Man, I love Zeta Gundam. Im so happy its out here now. A shame it's "too little too late" for Gundam, but as a longtime fan, Im ecstatic.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:25 pm

I`ll have to grab it, payday tomorow so I`ll get it ordered.

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:56 am

It was nice to see it again, The last time was a fansub/dub over 5 years ago. Best of all, they did a good job on this set.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:15 pm

It certainly was well done, it was nice to see this show with a clear picture instead of slightly grainy like my HK set
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

RX-104FF

Post by RX-104FF » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:18 am

Ah yes, the always wonderful, elegant, and greatness of Zeta. I've had the box set since December, and it just so wonderful. My favorite Gundam series and anime above all. Bandai even did a good job dubbing the thing believe it or not, and they included some nice goodies to go along with it. :D

NiTRO493

Post by NiTRO493 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:50 am

I just recently finished it. A great series. I love it.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:21 pm

Ah. I still need to aquire it (and 0080 and 0083 and Char's) so after I get settled and my finances level out, I'll start looking (hopefully I can get War in the Pocket and Stardust Memories for 60 bucks!)
Shinei!