Gundam Seed: WHAT THE f***?

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:23 am

Quiddity wrote:...Those flashbacks drive me absolutely insane. Outside of DBZ I don't think I've ever seen a show waste so much screen time on flashbacks...
My favorite was when the lead character had a flashback to a time when he had another flashback, and they replayed both the original flashback, and the flashback to the flashback entirely. :lol:

As the series progressed it felt like they had to reuse footage more and more, and the only way they could do it was by flashbacks.

Quiddity

Post by Quiddity » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:48 pm

Zoxesyr wrote:
Quiddity wrote:...Those flashbacks drive me absolutely insane. Outside of DBZ I don't think I've ever seen a show waste so much screen time on flashbacks...
My favorite was when the lead character had a flashback to a time when he had another flashback, and they replayed both the original flashback, and the flashback to the flashback entirely. :lol:

As the series progressed it felt like they had to reuse footage more and more, and the only way they could do it was by flashbacks.
Agreed. Granted, the show has increased in quality a lot lately (although I find that many Gundam series, not just Seed have major dips in quality when the heroes go to Earth early in the show. MS Gundam from eps 6-11 and Zeta 12-16 were rather poor eps compared to the rest of the shows just like Seed gets quite bad when they first arrive on Earth around ep 14 or so). But the flashbacks aren't going away. Nicol's death may have had impact back in the ep he died. When they flashback to that scene 5 or 6 times in the same episode ENOUGH! :|

Sarte

Post by Sarte » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:48 pm

I sincerely hope that they release Victory Gundam, Gundam X, and Turn A next. I despise Seed, I hate Wing, and I merely dislike G Gundam.

Quiddity

Post by Quiddity » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:31 pm

Well then you'd probably not be too happy to hear that Seed Destiny is the next Gundam show coming to the U.S. :( As I expected this for quite a while, I'm not dissappointed. I waited years for Zeta, I can wait a few more for ZZ and Victory.

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:03 pm

i hope u guys don't mind bringing up dead topics, im really bored at work, things have been slow...

i didn't like Seed or Seed much either, but I liked the astrays, they're cool.
i also liked the strike gundam design, my little brother bought the 1/100 model and it came out very nice.
but everything elses seems like bunch of gundam parts brings mixed and matched.
for some reason the Seed seems to appeal to the younger age group more then to the U.C crew.
maybe it's a remake ofthe U.C but this time it's for the new generation of gundam fans?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:25 pm

I also like the Astray designs. They seem to be the only really new designs of the Seed franchise.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:01 pm

Don't worry, I don't think there is rule about digging dead topic. Just never spam :wink:

And yes, Astray rock. The "Gelgoog" in Destiny Astray is much more innovative than ZAKU, GOUF and DOM seen in anime. :)
Justice will never lose!

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am

but the astrays kinda sucked in destiny...
they were so damn weak and useless...
they're too nice to become cannon fodder!!

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:10 pm

The prototype Astrays still kick @ss in Destiny Astray. Blue Frame now has modified METEOR (with onboard reactor &NJC) and Red Frame just cut away piece of Junius 7 with Gerbera Straight! :D
Justice will never lose!

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:21 am

what? im lost...
i don't follow the astray series...
any pics? it sounds cool.