Gundam Seed: WHAT THE f***?

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

ShinDVDz

Gundam Seed: WHAT THE f***?

Post by ShinDVDz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:51 am

Is it just me? Or is Gundam Seed totally f***ed up? How the hell does Forbidden GUndam have a beam that makes a big ass C curve?

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:13 am

Yeah, there are a lot of technical problems with SEED. That's why I stick with Zeta, 0079, and the UC in general.

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:19 am

SEED is fairly terrible, the mechanical design is for the most part, unappealing- and isnt the concept of a bunch of boys flying stolen gundam with a blonde masked guy a little <cough> wing <cough>

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:43 pm

Most annoy feature in SeeD is...when they waste time for show a music video as flashback scene... and Fukada done that often. No surprise why Tomino was called for help...
He assisted with the last several episodes of Gundam Seed, when the poor animation time management of the director and writing staff had left little time to tell the remainder of the story.
Well, I still don't call SeeD suck. Just very disappoint.
Justice will never lose!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:01 pm

Funny, on page 12 of the current issue of Animerica they happen to mention Gundam SEED...
When the Mobile Suit Gundam Seed robot mecha series finally runs its course in the spring, the sequel Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny will be ready to take its spot later in the year. The question is, will America notice? In Japan, Gundam is as popular as ever- even with video games, DVD's, and other short attention span grabbers, as many people were watching Gundam Seed Destiny as were watching Gundam on TV two decades ago. (Three times as may people are watching Gundam Seed Destiny than 1996's abysmal After War Gundam X) Back in America, though, anime fans have been turning their collective backs on Gundam. Toys from the first Gundam series, G Gundam, and SD Gundam Force toys are still collecting dust as Gundam Seed is being jettisoned from Toonami into Adult Swim. Gundam Seed Destiny- if it is even given a chance to air- may be Gundam's last chance to rule on American airwaves.

Altron

Post by Altron » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:18 am

Well, I liked Gundam SEED a heckuva lot. The animation was great, and the idea, although not original (0079 rip...), was very well illustrated and plotted out. Some episodes lose steam, especially the ones that only explain background information.

Gundam SEED Destiny I heard was the biggest piece of trash since Hamtaro. heh.

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:58 am

I actually heard that Seed destiny >>>> Seed。 lol, I liked Hamtaro :-P I like cute shit。。。

Altron

Post by Altron » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:36 pm

:shock:
H A M T A R O I S T 3 H S U K .

It sort of made me want to gout my eyes out, just to stop watching it.

Seed >pwnz>ownz> Destiny

So rawr. And sorry about the rather incoherent post. With all the l33t in it. My bad.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:41 pm

*SIGH* (Like Hamtaro...Something I choose to watch with younger sibling)
Justice will never lose!

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:24 pm

...wel, I was youngER at the time :P

I just finished Gundam seed right now, actually...is the ending SUPPOSED to not explain crap to me?

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:40 pm

No. Umm...maybe yes.
is the ending SUPPOSED to not explain crap to me?
I mean, much more stuff were explain in SeeD Special Edition. (We finally see Rau's face. Also see why Murata hate Coordinator so much...) I guess that, with little airtime remain, even Tomino can't put all important stuff. Blame Fukada, it's his fault to put all of those flashback music video...
Justice will never lose!

AslanCross

Post by AslanCross » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:22 pm

I heard Kira's bed scene with Fllay was quite graphic in the special edition.

Anyway, I found SEED okay. The mecha designs were not all that bad, I liked the first five Gundams. (Mostly because they were partly designed by Junichi Akutsu, while the rest were all Okawara's work. <_< ) The story, however, and its execution had a LOT to be desired.

I haven't seen Destiny, however, but I hear from friends of mine who are hardcore UC fans that while it's uglier in the department of mecha design, the story's more decent.

My only real complaints about the CE/SEED saga are:
1. They make it so blatantly obvious that it's a remake. It's almost like, "Hi, we are the cast of SEED and we will act out a more 'contemporary' version of the UC saga." And the way they made the new ZAFT grunt mech the ZAKU was absolutely off-putting, IMO.

2. The lack of creativity when executing ideas. I have to submit that SEED had great OP and ED videos, but once I saw the video of PRIDE from SEED-Destiny, I was like......"By all that is holy, this is a bunch of recycled stuff." It's like Fukuda just had them patch together the scenes they used for the old OP/ED vids. For example:
-Naked Kira and Lacus became naked Shinn and Stellar.
-There's that image of Athrun holding out his hand as if giving an order.
-Look at the part where Auel, Sting and Stellar appear in the intro and then look at the SEED OPs where the baka trio dudes appear.

The video would have been awesome had it not been completely recycled. I really doubt Fukuda and Okawara have any shred of creativity left in their poor souls.

As for Forbidden's arcing beams, that kind of technology -could- have been in the UC as well. You can use an I-field to deflect a mega-particle beam, or distort it into a curve. Forbidden probably does it with a powerful electromagnetic field. Applying a charged electromagnetic field to a charged particle beam can bend it much like how a comb can bend a stream of water from a faucet after you rub the comb through dry hair.

NiTRO493

Post by NiTRO493 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:31 pm

Seed Destiyn actually has mechanical designs that make sense as well as something SEEd didn't have. Physics. Seed destiny started out awesome but it's beginning to get really, really irritatingly slow.

Quiddity

Post by Quiddity » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:24 am

I've been going through Seed as its aired on CN and have been extremely dissappointed compared to all the hype surrounding it. Those flashbacks drive me absolutely insane. Outside of DBZ I don't think I've ever seen a show waste so much screen time on flashbacks (and like DBZ they frequently flash back to stuff from the same episode!?!?!?!?). The character designs are absolutely horrific. He designed one face, then simply pasted on different hair and eye colors to create all the different characters. In an age where animation is advancing so much how could you do such a poor job in such a critical department? Unlike many I don't have a beef with the mecha design, they've been pretty good. And enough already with the UC remake Sunrise. You already did this with Gundam Wing. We don't need it again. What we need in AU Gundam shows is something different, like G Gundam. Not the main UC Gundam storyline repeated ad nauseum.

Granted, its been much better the last 10 episodes or so. But still very dissappointing.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:40 am

(Nods and agrees with Quiddity.)

(Well, except about the mecha designs... Me not like 'em.)