Is there anyone knew something about this unit?

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

yuu_kajima

Is there anyone knew something about this unit?

Post by yuu_kajima » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:24 am

I hope someone knew, i'm very interested about this MAD-DOGs unit, story, ms spec, ...

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:34 pm

Well I can fairly confidently say its the RGM 79 Sniper Gundam - and therefore made from Spare parts from the development of the RX 78 - 2 - somewhere on earth I think Jaburo.

I cant be sure if that is the Master Grade 1/100th but it looks like it with some fairly heavy modding - course it might be a FIX or a third party kit but I can also say I love it - very very nice work - where did u get the pics from by the way?

yuu_kajima

Post by yuu_kajima » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:08 pm

At http://utenti.lycos.it/gundamthebest3/. Check it out, there are lot other great gundam pics. :D

Altron

Post by Altron » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:15 pm

Nice link! *adds to favs*

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:51 pm

LOL! Me too Altron - Ive spent quite some time now looking at that site - god I wish I could model and paint that well.. Ho Hum!!! I suppose one day...

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:04 pm

All those Mobile Suits were modeled by Motoo Osumi, who does a lot of great customized MS kits for Hobby Japan. Those MSs in particular (and the "Goblins" Doms I saw around here somewhere too, plus many others) are indeed from the Mad Dogs "story" serialized in Hobby Japan like, maybe a year or two ago.

These MSs are totally unofficial. They didn't get any specs to speak of, IIRC. The story is simply YET ANOTHER One Year War sidestory... The Mad Dogs (a special Federation MS team made up of a red custom GM, and black custom GM, and a custom Guncannon called the Air Dog) face off against assorted badass Zeon elite MS units... Including the "Gravity Vanguard" team of three special Gelgoogs, the "Goblins" (the two Doms I mentioned), and a team of three very badass Couf Customs, who the Mad Dogs fight first. The leader of the Goufs comes back later in an even-more souped-up Gouf called the Phantom Crow 00. He comes back once again after defeating the black GM and taking the Mobile Suit as his own. The last battle is between the red Mad Dogs GM and the "Blue Dead Crow," which is the other Mad Dogs GM as piloted by the ace pilot of the Phantom Crow 00 Gouf (its painted blue and is tricked out with Gouf Custom weapons).

I love Motoo Osumi's work. He's amazing. You may also recognize his earlier works, the bizarre three-zaku team called the "Booby Heads" (Im not kidding), and his non-SD version of the Perfect Z'Gok Cannon (which was originally only an SD unit from one of the early SD Gundam video games). More recently Osumi did a nice customization of the Strike Gundam called the Dark Night Strike.

Sigh. It sure would be nice if Bandai put this dude on their payroll... Okawara's stuff gets worse and worse every time.

yuu_kajima

Post by yuu_kajima » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:46 pm

Wuuuah ... NICE info :D thanks!

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:20 am

yeah, saw the Booby Heads, pretty friggin' crazy, the "wire head" is my favorite.