Tyrant Sword of Neofalia

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tyrant Sword of Neofalia

Post by Tachyon » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:57 pm

Tyrant Sword of Neofalia is a UC Gundam side story, right?

I've got a decent selection of images for it and I'm wondering how to approach the project. Don't know when I'll be able to start, though.

I know nothing of the plot or storyline.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Re: Tyrant Sword of Neofalia

Post by Grebo Guru » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:37 pm

Its a UC sidestory alright, but not very canon... It fits in as poorly, or perhaps even worse, than Gaia Gear.

It is, however, one of my favorite mecha works ever. Kazumi Fujita is my #1 favorite mecha designer.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:07 pm

Thanks for the info. Are you aware of its basic storyline? Who vs. who - stuff like that?

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:35 pm

Tyrant Sword has some outstanding mecha designs , but is quite poorly covered on the net , it would make an outstanding addition to the Gundam section . Even MAHQ doesn't have over two or three images from it in their section , I think I might have one or two images for Tyrant Sword in my image archive , I found them at an image board called 4chan a while back and was quite delighted to run across them , however they are on my old computer still waiting to get transfered to my new machine , so it will be a bit before I can access them.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:46 pm

kosh, if you can get a hold of those Tyrant Sword images let me know. A kind site visitor submitted scans of Tyrant Sword and Cruise Chaser Blassty. I've also got some Cruise Chaser and Tyrant Sword images of my own from a handful of old Hobby Japan issues. I haven't done anything Gundam in a while so I'll see when I can sit down and plan out the Tyrant Sword section.

My observations of the Web reporting tools tell me site visitors like 2 things very much: anime/robot girl images and Gundam.

Xavadis

Post by Xavadis » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:42 pm

I have a bunch of Tyrant Sword images, cockpit layouts and Fujita sketches. Great stuff. It looks like it takes place around the Sentinel era since the Dinofaust resembles the Messela and another suit is very close to the Federation Nemo. Then again maybe they were prototypes.

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:52 pm

All the information I've ever seen points to the fact that there are in fact at least 2 Dinofaust variants and that they are in fact variants of the Messala, so I would say that's probably a pretty good guess. I've been wondering about the story a while myself.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:56 am

It is set around the time of Z Gundam... 0085 IIRC. And yeah, there is the Messala Dinofaust Alpha (no arms) and the Messala Dinofaust Jupiter (with arms). I think the Alpha is supposed to be mass-produced.

The story always struck me as a kind of "Stardust Memory" for the Zeta Gundam era -- ya know, an Anaheim MS development project fighting against obnoxious enemies. (Titans and Axis.) Its definitely an "alternate universe," though, what with the existence of so many non-canon MSs and the different serial numbers for existing MSs.