Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Z plus D

Post by Tachyon » Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:56 am

Kosh,

The April 2002 issue of Dengeki Hobby has model photos of the Z plus D in mobile suit form. Would you be interested in seeing them?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:27 am

Tachyon,my answer to that is a resounding "Yes!"I would love to see those pictures,hmmm I could use them to finish my line art of the Z Plus D(rubs hands together hungrily). :D Thanks for finding them.I did finally find some info in english on the Z Plus R,it's apparently the test unit for the ReGZ-91 Refined Zeta Gundam and the Back Weapon System.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:46 pm

This isn't a radio station but we play requests. Kosh requested images of the Z plus D in mobile suit mode so here they are. Let me know when you've got them so I can pull them down.

http://www.gearsonline.net/images/preview/zplus-d1.jpg
http://www.gearsonline.net/images/preview/zplus-d6.jpg
http://www.gearsonline.net/images/preview/zplus-d3.jpg
http://www.gearsonline.net/images/preview/zplus-d2.jpg

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:45 am

Tachyon,a million thanks for the Z Plus D images,I've got them copied so you can pull'em at your leisure.Looks like my info was flawed in one major regard,RGZ-91 said the D was basically the Z Plus C with the Z Plus A backpack,the image however is just the opposite,the Z Plus A with what looks to be the Cs' backpack,albiet somewhat modified.Looks like I can scrap that line art and start anew with an actual image for reference.Again many thanks. :D
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:20 am

It's an interesting variation. The longer tail and bigger wings stood out to me first. The air intake was neat too. Glad to help a fellow fan!

I'm a little frustrated these days because an issue of one of the Hobby magazines shows a new color illustration of the Barzam refine type but it's so small that it makes for a crappy scan. Where can I get that image high res?

I found a photos of a more recent GM III model. No recent EWAC Nero models, though. Now, if I just had time to work on all this...

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:33 pm

I don't know where you can find a better image of the Barzam,but I still might be able to help.I've got two programs tailor-made for enhancing images,got them from a freeware site,one is called Kneson image enlarger and is designed to enlarge images without losing definition and the other is called image analizer and it's a set of filters designed to improve image quality.If you would like me to run this image through them,e-mail your scans to me at kosh_45662@yahoo.com and I'll see what I can do.Both programs work great,those cleaned up line arts I posted started out as thumpnails of very low quality before I ran them through these programs.

PS.Don't worry,your images will be on my hard drive only till I send you the finished result,after that I'll delete the originals completely.Your work will only come back to you.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:46 pm

Thanks for the help offer. I want to get through some other scans first but I may take advantage of that offer.

I'm not worried about someone else having a copy of something I scanned. If it was my own original art that I had scanned I might be particular but if I'm scanning someone else's art then I don't mind if someone gets a copy.

What would bother me would be someone copying a bunch of images off my site, placing them on their own site and acting like they scanned them. Knowlton's World uses stuff I scanned but I gave him permission (and he provides links back to my site).

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:59 am

A recent issue of Model Graphix featured a really, really cool redesign of the RX-139 Hambrari... the new version is much more credible, and has quite the "Zeta Plus" vibe to it. Me likey.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:22 pm

That's a hobby magazine I don't follow. Perhaps I'll see a scan somewhere.