Endless Waltz -- Altron

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Lalasa

Endless Waltz -- Altron

Post by Lalasa » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:30 am

Does anyone have any exploded diagrams showing Chang Wufei's custom Altron/Shenlong in Endless Waltz flinging out its Dragon Fangs? Or is that thing called Plasma Fangs? Whatever, I just want to know where all that extra length is stored. Does it fold up on itself? Wouldn't that make the arms far too heavy to actually stay attached to the torso? Or are the red "chains" made of lightweight material? But isn't the entire thing supposedly made up entirely of gundanium? Or maybe like cigarettes and beers, the metal has a "light" version.

*thinks of cigarettes and beer styled gundams...and blinks* Hey, look! It's an Unidentified Flying Object. *coughs*

The only thing really going for it seems to be the "cool" factor in that it looks a lot more...elegant?...than its predecessors in the series. Actually, that can be said for all the mobile suits in EW...except for the Serpent, though...okay, I'll shut up now.

S

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:56 pm

Sorry - I have had a darned good search for anything exploded for you with no joy. I do have the 100th Kit of Nataku/Shenlong and Altron but having not opened them I couldnt be sure if there are diagrams to satisfy your curiosity - I shall have a look tonight but from the other kits in the range I would guess the Instruction Illastrations will be limited to a couple of close ups, one or two line arts and little else.

I believe the Shenlong uses that age old technique known as `Anime Magic` to achieve its weapon storage. :wink:

Altron

Post by Altron » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:08 am

Wow. This topic grabbed my eye. ^____^

Anyway, I think they're stored by folding up, just take a look at model kit instructions for him. Yes, sure, they are a little too long to be folded up, but it's a good explanation, right? Anime Magic is the real reason, however, that the arms are the way they are. Actually, most AU designs, I wouldn't bother with a diagram. Anime Magic is too strong in these.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:09 am

LOL! Thank you Steamtrooper for going that length and Altron for helping out as well. I became obsessed with it a couple of nights ago after re-watching the Endless Waltz 3 times over and couldn't for the life of me figure out how Altron did that.

Anime magic...*laughing* Should have known.

S

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:40 am

Hi Lalsa - No propblem - I had a good look at all the kits - Altron/Nataku/Shenlong - the Shenlong is prety well done realy - and may well be the next kit I make - It does actually fold up into the shoulder pad quite well - their are two long arm sections and then a nub at the end which acts as the upper arm in folded mode - it all looks fairly believable on the surface. At the moment I have no link from camera to PC - this should be fixed next week and I will take a couple of shots for you - you might have to remind me as I am prety forgetfull. :D

Adam

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:40 am

SteamTrooper wrote:No propblem - I had a good look at all the kits - Altron/Nataku/Shenlong - the Shenlong is prety well done realy...It does actually fold up into the shoulder pad quite well - their are two long arm sections and then a nub at the end which acts as the upper arm in folded mode - it all looks fairly believable on the surface.
Hey, thanks for that info, Steamtrooper.

S

Altron

Post by Altron » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:48 pm

Personally, I dont think those long, long arms could be folded up into that [comparitively] small shoulder. Do you remember when Altron sent his arms twisting and turning after the Wing? There's no way those arms could fit back into position like they did. Unless they have some sort of storage inside one another, like those plastic toy lightsabers (best example I could think of).

Maybe I'll scan in the diagram after the YARDWORK! that I must do.

::shudder::

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:53 pm

Altron - couldnt you just sit back in a deckchair and send your enormously long arms out to do the drudge work? :P

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:32 pm

Yikes, yardwork. There is a big fruit tree in my front yard, every day or so I'd have to out and scrape up the leaves. @_@

Hm, I need to go and find an Altron kit. Since there are plenty of Gundam Wing fans where I live, that's not going to be a problem. What is going to be an issue is them letting me get near their precious babies.

*chuckles* It's not as if I'll be tearing them apart. Well, maybe some, but I do know how to put them back together...*rambles on*

S

AslanCross

Post by AslanCross » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:56 am

I own a 1/144 Nataku kit (which is sadly in disrepair right now). The Dragon Fang on Nataku is completely different from the one on Shenlong and Altron (mostly because it was designed by Katoki and not Okawara). Thus, it does not fold up into the shoulder like Shen-Long and Altron.

The Nataku has attachments on its forearms that fold back towards the elbow when not in use. The base of the Dragon Fang's "neck" attaches to that. The neck extends back past the elbows then folds forward back towards the forearm, where the giant "head" mounts when not in use.

When in use, I think the hand folds back into the wrist while the forearm attachment folds foward over it. The neck extends from there. The 144-scale kit has you adding segments to the neck to extend it over its full length, which is kinda annoying (and led to mine breaking >_<), but I think in reality the arm telescopes, folding in on itself like a TV antenna.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:18 pm

Yeah - I had that problem too - the fang on Nataku is more like Two spaceship/core fighter kinda thingies attached with Red banded necks - a little too silly to actually fold or anything like that - I was sort of concentratnig on the slightly more believable Altron and Shenlong - I shall take some pics of them all tonight and upload them tomorow I promise. And also take a pic of my also in disrepair Nataku - (Its sitting in my bits box after a having a nasty collision with white spirits :shock:)